Reminder for "Favorite Espressos 2020" participants - Page 3

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
learncoffee

#21: Post by learncoffee »

HB wrote:UPDATE: The total participants is limited to 100; we have 59 participants so far. If you want to join, sign up now!
Dan - do you need to have 100 participants to meet HB's end of the commitment? I am not good with taste testing :), but if you need to reach 100, I may consider to participate.

HB (original poster)
Admin

#22: Post by HB (original poster) »

No, I only committed for 50. But even if you don't participate in the review, the price is unbeatable.
Dan Kehn

Jeff
Team HB

#23: Post by Jeff »

My tasting and dialing-in skills are not top notch either.

I'm taking this as an opportunity to improve both, while getting some great coffee from roasters I'd probably not otherwise try, at a very reasonable price.

Leelo77

#24: Post by Leelo77 »

Just paid. Can't wait to try these! Thank you!

HB (original poster)
Admin

#25: Post by HB (original poster) »

Excellent! There's 66 participants so far. BTW, if you're a "backer" of the Favorite Espresso 2020 group buy, you can view the full list here.
Dan Kehn

mwebber

#26: Post by mwebber »

Just signed up. Can't wait!

HB (original poster)
Admin

#27: Post by HB (original poster) »

There's 72 participants so far. :D
Dan Kehn

damien75

#28: Post by damien75 »

Although I'm sure it complicates things quite a bit to ship internationally, I wish I could have participated from Canada!

Have fun with this blind test :D

HB (original poster)
Admin

#29: Post by HB (original poster) »

Me too, but I'm not familiar with shipping to Canada. For what it's worth, it looks like it's $26.90 for USPS Flat Rate Envelope (max weight 4 pounds). My concern is that something will go wrong and the coffee will be delayed or lost. USPS sometimes "misplaces" deliveries in the USA; I imagine it's worse cross-border. :|
Dan Kehn

sems

#30: Post by sems »

My dial in process is way off and as a single person with a full time office job I'm afraid it will lose its freshness before I get to enjoy and report my tasting. Would it be okay if put the bags right into freezer and go one by one every week to preserve freshness? I don't have any vacuum solution but as others have stated I'd like to participate & try out roasters I wouldn't try otherwise.