Recommendations for a "traditional" espresso - Page 3

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
slybarman

#21: Post by slybarman »

phillyguy wrote:I've enjoyed Lionshare espresso blend from Cafee Lusso: https://caffelusso.com/collections/blen ... esso-blend
I'm not sure why, but I've totally forgotten about Lionshare. i was big into it for a while. i seem to recall a bit more variation from batch to batch than some others. their customer service was always great. i can't remember if maybe shipping price and time was an issue.

phillyguy

#22: Post by phillyguy »

With so many options, it's easy to forget a coffee/bean that was once loved. lol. I've had universally positive experiences with Caffe Lusso and their various beans/blends!

slybarman

#23: Post by slybarman »

thinking about it some more, i think it had to do with when USPS was having it's worst problems and Lusso was only shipping via USPS. i remember now it taking about 3 weeks to get a couple of orders and i moved on to something else.

Shame because that wasn't Lusso's fault. thanks for reminding me of it. i will have to try it again now and compare it against Saka and others I've been drinking since.

TenLayers
Supporter ♡

#24: Post by TenLayers »

Maybe try something from here. Roasted over an Oak fire.
https://mrespresso.com/shop/coffee/espresso/

kinda-niche

#25: Post by kinda-niche »

PIXIllate wrote:I've tried about 6 Lavazza now and stand by recommending only the Gold and Super Crema.
Did you also try Top Class? The descriptors for that one look as appealing as those for Gold Selection. Similar prices, too.

PIXIllate
Supporter ♡

#26: Post by PIXIllate replying to kinda-niche »

Yes, I tried it. No, I don't recommend it.

slybarman

#27: Post by slybarman »

One other consideration with regard to Lusso GMC. Shipping on 2[correction: I meant 1 kilo] kilos is $13.50 to the east coast. Malabar is the same price for the coffee ($45) but free shipping.

HB
Admin

#28: Post by HB »

slybarman wrote:One other consideration with regard to Lusso GMC. Shipping on 2 kilos is $13.50 to the east coast.
Er, they've been running this banner for a long time:

Just to be sure, I created an order for 2 kilos of GMC and confirmed shipping is included. Maybe you meant 1 kilo? That would indeed put it under the $55 limit. As an aside, I have a small collection of their engraved shot glasses that I've added to my orders to get free shipping. :wink:
Dan Kehn

slybarman

#29: Post by slybarman replying to HB »

yes, mixing my kilos and pounds.

I meant 1 Kilo - 2.2 lbs.

M60smurf

#30: Post by M60smurf »

TenLayers wrote:Maybe try something from here. Roasted over an Oak fire.
https://mrespresso.com/shop/coffee/espresso/
I second this comment. Love me some Tuscan Blend