Playing around with lattes

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
TomC
Team HB

#1: Post by TomC »

I'm wondering if anyone has thought to add a splash of red wine into any random milk-based espresso drink?

Not out of desperation but just out of curiosity. I made a latte with some slightly over-the-hill espresso blends i had on hand, and steamed some milk with them, for my wife's latte. But I'd already retired for the day of working or anything else productive and was settling into a 2015 Napa Cab from an excellent winemaker, and thought to add a small splash of his wine into the now approaching warm-room temp latte that my wife was ignoring in favor of Instagram Live videos on her feed, and i tasted it and was extremely impressed. Like, really impressed.

I wouldn't spare excellent wine for something like this, but since I have plenty of basic-good wine, the cork was already open, and no one else was going to help finish it, it was worth the effort. I stole her latte back and am quietly enjoying her beverage.

Seriously, if you have a ho-hum coffee blend that is approaching past its prime, try using a splash of red wine into the milk based drink you make and share your thoughts. It doesn't suck at all.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

drgary
Team HB

#2: Post by drgary »

Interesting. You're adding acidity, fruit, some sweetness.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!