Passenger Recommendations - Page 2

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Taz

#11: Post by Taz »

I would probably go with Agaro. Stone fruit, citrus, florals. I find it to be a soft, balanced, and juicy coffee. Like I mentioned before, It's one of those I just don't get tired of.

skittles_s (original poster)

#12: Post by skittles_s (original poster) »

Thanks. Ordered a large bag of the Agaro along with a few others to try. Will report back!

Taz

#13: Post by Taz »

Cool, I'm interested to hear how you like them!

PhilthyCoffee

#14: Post by PhilthyCoffee »

skittles_s wrote:Thanks. Ordered a large bag of the Agaro along with a few others to try. Will report back!
Agaro is excellent once it's had 2 (maybe even 3) weeks to rest. Passengers do well with extended rest times. I didn't bother with it for espresso, but as a drip/pour over, once it's in it's sweet spot of rest time it's a real winner, the meyer lemon note is particularly delicious.

What others did you order?

fhyrew

#15: Post by fhyrew »

I think you might enjoy the Jose Salazar. The passionfruit and peach notes were right on for me; really nice brightness and a pleasant, zippy tartness that was noticeable but not at all overbearing. The Luz Angel Reygoso was really nice too, I think Passenger does a great job finding interesting Colombian lots.

#16: Post by skittles_s (original poster) »

PhilthyCoffee wrote:
What others did you order?
The Kamavindi AA and Divino Niño. Looking forward to trying these!

#17: Post by skittles_s (original poster) replying to skittles_s »

I tried the Kenyan (Kamavindi AA) today, 8 days post roast. Really, really nice coffee. Has me excited to crack into the others soon.

Acavia

#18: Post by Acavia »

I have had a Passenger 1 bag per month (4 weeks) subscription for a few months. So far, I have enjoyed all coffees and it is a savings. I did a prepaid, that got a small discount, so it less than $20 a bag delivered, and lately I have received coffees that would have been $25+ plus shipping ordered separately.

Dtkoffee

#19: Post by Dtkoffee »

Passenger coffees are fantastic. As has been said, they're on the lighter side and do very well for pourover. They're a little more finicky as espresso with their really light roasts, but still good once dialed in.

#20: Post by skittles_s (original poster) »

I've now had all three coffees. All are good and offer a positive/pleasant experience. The standout of the three for me is the Kenyan. The Agaro and Divino Niño are good but don't really stand out from what I get locally (George Howell). The Kamavindi was a step above. I don't normally buy GH Kenyans due to their premium price so this coffee from Passenger definitely provides value for money (IMHO). Will order more!