Panama Geisha - Elida Estate Green Tip

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
false1001

#1: Post by false1001 »

https://dragonflycoffeeroasters.com/pro ... whole-bean

So who's gonna bite the bullet and let us live vicariously through their forum posts?

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

I tried this, last November, brewed on a Ground Control Cyclops in the east bay when it was released. Eli of Voga Coffee ponied up the significant costs to acquire 8 oz of it from Dragonfly, and that meant they had at most, 3 attempts to nail it. I was there to enjoy most of it, the third batch was like experiencing the most perfect watermelon flavor ever experienced.

FWIW, unless I were to sell an app or win the lottery, I'd rather spend $6/lb for a high quality Ethiopian coffee and enjoy 90% of the same cup results, than to pay hundreds of dollars just to experience something just a few more "points" higher in terms of cup quality.

Nobody in their right mind would turn down the offer of experiencing something like this. But Im content with what I have at a fraction of the cost.

Some of us remember paying a fraction of this price from Verve, about 10 years ago, when they acquired it as well. It was a regular on my rotation back then.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

nicholasnumbers

#3: Post by nicholasnumbers replying to TomC »

Was bummed that I had to miss this celebration last year; but I completely share your thoughts.

I've spent $200 on a bag of coffee once, and it was honestly mediocre. I'd rather buy 6 great bags of a $30 coffee and enjoy it for longer.

-Nick

false1001 (original poster)

#4: Post by false1001 (original poster) »

Don't get me wrong, I agree as well, but statements like
the third batch was like experiencing the most perfect watermelon flavor ever experienced.
don't exactly help 8)