Panama Elida Nat in the house. - Page 5

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Almico (original poster)

#41: Post by Almico (original poster) »

[creative nickname] wrote:We have no time to roast right now (newborn in the house) but I started pulling shots with Klatch's roast today and it was stellar. Strawberries and port wine, like the classic Elida of years past!
All the coffee notes I've read about this year's crop says blueberry blueberry blueberry. This is a strawberry coffee if I ever there was one. Even complete non-coffee people just have to smell the roasted beans and they say strawberry. Not sure where they're getting blueberry and fig from.

[creative nickname]

#42: Post by [creative nickname] »

Yeah I was wondering if it was differing brew methods or something, or maybe a question of how much rest you give it before trying it. But it was really clear as a bell once I dialed in my shots!
LMWDP #435

Almico (original poster)

#43: Post by Almico (original poster) replying to [creative nickname] »

And if I roast it lighter, I get more strawberry. A little darker and I get raspberry jam. Not blueberry.

lancealot

#44: Post by lancealot »

Klatch has 19% off of this today, roasted. Code: TOP10COFFEE
Gonna try it as drip and espresso.
If you have pulled the Klatch Panama Elida as espresso, what recipe / parameters did you like?
Thank you.

[creative nickname]

#45: Post by [creative nickname] »

I got great results on my setup (EG-1 + Pro800 lever) with moderate temp (246F in the boiler), 16g ground moderately fine, 10s PI before releasing the lever, 40g out.
LMWDP #435

Jasper_8137

#46: Post by Jasper_8137 »

Just bought 10lbs of greens - super excited to fire up some roasts and try it out!

drgary
Team HB

#47: Post by drgary »

I'm glad to see that others are enjoying this coffee, and I have 10 lbs. of green. My roasted version seemed to be an off batch with none of the listed origin flavors. I've contacted Klatch to see about a replacement.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

baldheadracing
Team HB

#48: Post by baldheadracing »

Just got mine from Klatch. Seven days post-roast. I understand the power of suggestion, but their roast in a V60 is giving me their descriptors: blueberry, fig, and maple. Definitely no strawberry.

On to roasting!
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

jevenator

#49: Post by jevenator replying to baldheadracing »

I prefer it brewed in a V60 filter than the Kalita filters with my Origami dripper. I'm also getting their flavor descriptors from my roast. I pulled a shot. 18g in 30g out at 202°F reminded me of the juicy texture you get from sucking on a jolly rancher.

false1001

#50: Post by false1001 »

Got mine from Roastmasters yesterday and whipped up a couple of sample roasts. Delicious strawberries and cream. Pretty cool.