Onyx Coffee Lab packaging - Page 4

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
jpender

#31: Post by jpender »

skink91 wrote:I am not trying to be either emotional or silly by bringing this up... as I said this was mentioned in an attempt to prompt discussion about it. Seemed that some others agreed that there was perhaps a discussion to be had about it, though perhaps you don't. Are there bigger fish to fry? Most certainly... does that make this not worthy of discussion?
Worrying is an emotional response. It's a form of anxiety about the future. It's very human. Actually it's not just human. Other animals also worry. Whether there is something about Onyx Coffee packaging that you or any of us feel should require an investment of worry over is a personal decision.

You could frame the question differently: Is Onyx Coffee packaging sustainable or wasteful? And the answer has already been given. It's mixed. On the one hand their packaging is recyclable. On the other hand they use far more packaging than is necessary. So good in some ways, not good in others. There are better choices. Why is it necessary to say this again?

I currently throw all my coffee bags into the garbage. None are recyclable or compostable without tearing them apart. It bugs me, for a second or two. I don't worry about it.

skink91 (original poster)

#32: Post by skink91 (original poster) »

jpender wrote: Worrying is an emotional response. It's a form of anxiety about the future. It's very human. Actually it's not just human. Other animals also worry. Whether there is something about Onyx Coffee packaging that you or any of us feel should require an investment of worry over is a personal decision.

You could frame the question differently: Is Onyx Coffee packaging sustainable or wasteful? And the answer has already been given. It's mixed. On the one hand their packaging is recyclable. On the other hand they use far more packaging than is necessary. So good in some ways, not good in others. There are better choices. Why is it necessary to say this again?

I currently throw all my coffee bags into the garbage. None are recyclable or compostable without tearing them apart. It bugs me, for a second or two. I don't worry about it.
Am I to understand that I need to reframe something I have stated or asked about in a different way to meet muster here for you? I will admit to being confused as to what you are looking for me to say here.

HB
Admin

#33: Post by HB »

skink91 wrote:I will admit to being confused as to what you are looking for me to say here.
I haven't followed this thread closely, but from what I read above, he's just making an observation. In any case, since wasteful packaging appears to be a contentious topic and it's the weekend, this thread is on cooldown, if only to encourage members to relax and enjoy some nice espresso.
Dan Kehn