Onyx Coffee Advent Calendar 2019

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Shenrei

#1: Post by Shenrei »

Stumbled upon this on Instagram (they did one last year), and after giving it much thought, I decided to pre-order as it looks like a lot of fun trying a different coffee everyday during December. I plan on noting what I taste and ranking the coffees in a final list at the very end. Anyone else doing this? At $99 + shipping (came out to around $111, it's steep, but it will be a fun activity.
- Tim

[creative nickname]

#2: Post by [creative nickname] »

Cool tip! We decided to give this a try.
LMWDP #435

jbviau
Supporter ★

#3: Post by jbviau »

Yes! I jumped on board a week ago. Kaffebox (out of Norway) also does one of these, but I'd prefer to keep it "local." Looking forward to sharing impressions!
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

clc12rock

#4: Post by clc12rock »

Thanks for the heads up! Just ordered. Love Onyx.

sosha
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by sosha »

Looks like fun! I just ordered.
LMWDP #440
www.kelpfish.com

Shenrei (original poster)

#6: Post by Shenrei (original poster) »

Awesome! I'll be writing down entries for each coffee on here in this thread, and on Instagram. Looks like the box this year is longer than the one last year, and in Onyx's Instagram post, it's implied that there is a little surprise in addition to the 24 coffees. :D
- Tim

winslette

#7: Post by winslette »

I ordered one as well. Will be really cool to compare so many coffees. I'll share my extraction and (untrained) tasting notes every day for V60.

Charliehustlehops

#8: Post by Charliehustlehops »

Shenrei wrote:Awesome! I'll be writing down entries for each coffee on here in this thread, and on Instagram. Looks like the box this year is longer than the one last year, and in Onyx's Instagram post, it's implied that there is a little surprise in addition to the 24 coffees. :D

Interested to hear your thoughts on it I was very close to ordering the calendar love onyx stuff.

Dburns

#9: Post by Dburns »

Charliehustlehops wrote: Interested to hear your thoughts on it I was very close to ordering the calendar love onyx stuff.
Yes please, I am curious about it too. Good stuff!

jbviau
Supporter ★

#10: Post by jbviau »

Mine will be delivered tomorrow. Has anyone here received theirs yet?
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias