Online coffee roasters with flat rate shipping?

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
jchung

#1: Post by jchung »

I know Counter Culture does flat rate shipping... i.e. same shipping costs whether you buy 1 bag or 10 bags. Are there any other roasters who feature a similar shipping policy?

Intrepid510

#2: Post by Intrepid510 »

Here are ones with 'free' shipping.

Any roasters offering "free shipping" with no minimum purchase?

There are quite a few out there that offer free shipping if you buy $x amount, which I think is more common than straight flat shipping in my opinion.

jchung (original poster)

#3: Post by jchung (original poster) »

Thanks! I'll take a look at those.

bean2friends

#4: Post by bean2friends »

Paradise Roasters has a flat rate shipping policy.

mdmvrockford

#5: Post by mdmvrockford »

As prior stated Paradise Roasters. FWIW, George Howell coffee I just received four-12 oz whole bean roasts with total shipping cost of $5 (it is $5 flat rate for one to nine pounds product bought).
LMWDP #568

damonbowe

#6: Post by damonbowe »

I also love George Howell for cheap, overnight shipping to dc for $5 (probably geography based speed). Sterling has become my go-to for my office and home, and they have free shipping which is through priority. I receive shipments from sterling within 3 days of them roasting-they do very small batches so I think I always get beans roasted the day they ship.

cmin

#7: Post by cmin replying to damonbowe »

What did you order from Sterling? For espresso? Had them in a list for years but don't think I ever tried them, or not that I can recall lol.

damonbowe

#8: Post by damonbowe »

I have ordered everything from special blends (valentine's day blend, a tongue in cheek flavor profile of strawberries and chocolate) to Guatemala to Ethiopian to their holiday blend. Because I use it for my business we go through a lot and I can cycle through everything. I usually buy the 2.5 pound bags for myself. Umm, I never got decaf...

Regarding what I might recommend, I suggest ordering based on the flavor profile you want. They list them on the website. I personally believe that any coffee should be made as espresso or however you enjoy it. That's what I do. Guatemala is one of my faves, but I like verything I have purchased from Sterling.

There's something about high quality beans, and that's what I get from Sterling. There's no compromise on quality, in my opinion. The guys at Sterling know what they are doing. On the negative side I've experienced a couple delays in shipping where they didn't send coffee for a week, which is a hassle for me because then we have to track down why the order wasn't filled and I have to buy some local roaster coffee to fill the gap. But that happened maybe twice in the past 1.5 years and I order from them a lot; and they have made efforts to discount or ship an extra bag or something (I don't ask for anything) to make it right. Their coffee makes it right enough, I love it so much!! I don't have a special account or anything, I just order through the website.

Sterling is fantastic, I guess I'm a big fan, ha ha!

Bret

#9: Post by Bret »

Josuma Malabar Gold is a flat 60 bucks for 5 pounds which includes shipping. They roast weekly, order by noon Fridays and they ship on Monday.

Really good stuff, too.

https://josumacoffee.bigcartel.com/prod ... d-espresso

Mbb

#10: Post by Mbb »

Some ship priority mail, in my experience, fixed price for up to the wt limit.

I dont need my shipping costs hidden in purchase price. I can see if someones reaming me or not.