Need recommendations for coffee with this specific top note:

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
heineken

#1: Post by heineken »

New born coffee enthusiast here with limited experience looking for coffee with a present acidity that's hitting the front top(not tip) of the tongue and front "roof" of the mouth.

Doesn't have to be anything fancy. Any half decent coffee will do as long as it hits as described, meaning a good blend is preferred if a single origin alternative with the requested characteristics means a thinner than water or overly dry tasting coffee.

Normally I would assume any fairly perceivable amount of acidity means it would have to be a medium to light roasted coffee, but I don't think I have tasted anything that hits this spot from anything other than espresso(of unknown brand), which tends to be dark roasted, so not entirely sure what to believe. Maybe it was just brewed really strong, allowing the little acidity that was there to better manifest. Thing is I'm sensitive to caffeine and not that into espresso, so hopefully this rather specific sensation is something that's available with regular coffee as well.

Anyway, as it seems like somewhat of rare thing, any suggestion is appreciated.

nameisjoey

#2: Post by nameisjoey »

I'd suggest checking out The Original or The Natural from Black & White Roasters. They might be just what you've been looking for!

Advertisement
heineken (original poster)

#3: Post by heineken (original poster) replying to nameisjoey »

Cool :D Will do. Thanks!