Need help finding consistent roasters - Page 2

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
PPapa

#11: Post by PPapa »

I have always had great experience with KaffeBox subscription (Filter roasts that I use for espresso). They're on a Nordic light side, but it has helped me to explore new roasters and it's a subscription that I wouldn't give up. Definitely worth a try and it is an incredible value given fixed shipping costs and Brexit issues.

Other lighter roasts:
* Machina (UK) - kilo bags are great price
* Curve (UK)
* New Ground (UK)
* Crankhouse (UK)
* DAK (Netherlands)

Medium:
* Square Mile (UK)
* Round Hill (UK)

LittleCoffee

#12: Post by LittleCoffee replying to PPapa »

Very grateful for this! Have been looking for UK roaster recommendations - will give these a try, thanks!

Altair (original poster)

#13: Post by Altair (original poster) »

I don't think I am anywhere near ready to roast my own coffee, my knowledge and pallete are not there yet for sure and I would think that adding complexity and another failure point would be detrimental to the perfectinh espresso journey, I have already eliminated factors I could have under my control such as flow profiling and using variable rpm on grinders in addition to simplifieng the other variable I do play around with (such as brew temp)

That was the reason for this thread in the first place. Master the most impactful variables and then diversify additional parts of the process. Roasting at home I think would be adding a tremendous amount of complexity and increasing the learning curve with minimal impact

Altair (original poster)

#14: Post by Altair (original poster) »

:x
PPapa wrote:Other lighter roasts:
* Machina (UK) - kilo bags are great price
* Curve (UK)
* New Ground (UK)
* Crankhouse (UK)
* DAK (Netherlands)

Medium:
* Square Mile (UK)
* Round Hill (UK)

Thanks for those recommendations. I have tried Square Mile and they are indeed exceptional.