Name A Super Memorable Coffee for You -2021

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#1: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Whether purchased or home roasted, tell us what was memorable, and if it's sill available a link would be great.

Mine might surprise some people. No longer available though at Klatch, but may still be available roasted in the UK at Plot Roasting. Onyx also roasted it and it is sold out.

Klatch DECAF COLOMBIA LA SERRANIA

Region: Hiula
Varietal: Caturra/Castillo
Tastes: Vanilla, Chocolate, Allspice
Process: Natural EA Process
Elevation: 1500 - 1750 masl
La Serrania means "mountain range."

Every time my wife and I have it, we just smile. Great in a Capp or Machiatto too.

From the Plot roasting website -
La Serranía Decaf is grown along an isolated set of mountains within the central cordillera of the Andes that go through Pitalito, Acevedo, Palestina, Timaná, and Suaza. This coffee represents the work of more than 50 producers who are committed to quality and excellence. La Serranía is carefully hand-sorted and processed at each individual farm, with special attention paid to the drying process to ensure consistency, uniformity, and a clean cup profile.

La Serranía Decaf is a Natural EA Decaf Coffee, processed at the Descafecol plant in Manizales. The decaffeination process at this plant uses ethyl acetate derived 100% from sugar cane mixed with mountain water, together removing 99.7% of the caffeine present. The beauty of the Natural EA process is that it helps preserve most of the original flavors of the coffee while adding fruity notes and some complexity to the cup.

Unlike the majority of decafs, this lot was specifically selected and decaffeinated at origin. This means more stimulation of the local economy and also a lower carbon footprint than coffees which are shipped across Europe for processing.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

SandraF

#2: Post by SandraF »

I'll play along.

I just finished my first ever bag of 'The Traditional' from Black & White Roasters. It's labeled as "dark" roast. Upon inspection the beans were darkish brown with no oily sheen.

I turned the brew boiler temp to 199, and pulled 17g. dose in 25-30 seconds. Interestingly I had to grind it finer than the Gran Miscela Carmo I get from Lusso, which is supposed to be more of a medium roast.

Anyway, it's the first 'dark' roast bean I've tried since I bought my espresso setup last February. Wow! It was so different from all the usual well regarded medium roasts. I drink an ounce of espresso with 4 oz steamed soy milk with nothing else (usually), and it was delicious!

My next bag of 'The Traditional' will arrive tomorrow, and I can't wait.

Advertisement
yakster
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by yakster »

https://www.sweetmarias.com/costa-rica- ... -7025.html

Crowd pleaser, I probably like it so much because it's been years since I've roasted anything from Costa Rica.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

bean2friends

#4: Post by bean2friends replying to yakster »

I am currently drinking Costa Rican Las Lajas Micromill - Finca Las Lajas - Perla Negra - a natural processed coffee. It's a very pleasant surprise for me, reminds me a lot of one of my favorites, Panama Elida Natural. I got this from Burman. It's sweet and fruity. I drink it as an Americano.

Chert

#5: Post by Chert »

End of 2020 I was gifted some suavecito blend from Reforma Roasters. Their take on coffees from Mexico was a delicious spur for roasting and enjoying familia cifuentes crown jewel this past year. So I'll shout out those Mexican coffees from this foggy spot on memory lane.

And honorable mention to high quality robusta and paradise roasters bringing it.

(edited for URL improvement )
LMWDP #198

Thedudeabides

#6: Post by Thedudeabides »

This natural Colombia from Traction has this blend of sweetness, acidity and a silky body that I haven't really experienced before. Found running a little bit of a faster flow rate on espresso brought it alive. It's a wild cup with a lot going on but at the same time has the body/texture of a balanced chocolately medium/dark roast.

https://traction.coffee/product/colombia-alegre/

Chert

#7: Post by Chert »

I'll mention another one. My noon espresso sharing buddy brought this one too just yesterday and it is still available: Caffe Ladro Juan Alva Tello Huehuetenango. As espresso, latte, americano, every mode has pleased. That is the kind of sweet developed light roast I hope to apply next time I roast a coffee from Huehuetenango. Nicely, done Caffe Ladro.
LMWDP #198

Advertisement
tylerlevick
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by tylerlevick »

Manhattan Coffee Roasters: Luna Bermudez and Letty Bermudez. Coffee is out of this world! Producer is Diego Bermudez who experiments with various types of processing. I've never smelled and then tasted something so beautifully clean, bright, full, and sweet.

T

michael

#9: Post by michael »

Was thinking of those two coffees myself 8)

klee11mtl

#10: Post by klee11mtl »

Most memorable from a cafe was the flat white I had at Suited in the NYC Financial District. They served the no longer available Ditta Artigianale Kenya Muthunzuuni. Light-roasted from an Italian roaster.

Favorite shots I pulled at home were from the beans my daughter brought home from San Luis Obispo, California.
https://scoutcoffeeco.com/collections/c ... c-espresso