Name A Super Memorable Coffee for You -2021 - Page 2

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
spressomon

#11: Post by spressomon »

2021 was a really good year for me and sourcing super tasty roasted beans. Northbound's Coffee Lover from early 2021 was a standout...I ended up buying 17lbs and wished I bought more. Revel's Wush Wush was another one I really liked. And Coava's Nayo Ovalle, again from earlier this year was super tasty. Overall, it seemed like offerings from Guatemala were much better this year than just about any year I can recall since 2014.
No Espresso = Depresso

CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster)

#12: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster) »

tylerlevick wrote:Manhattan Coffee Roasters: Luna Bermudez and Letty Bermudez. Coffee is out of this world! Producer is Diego Bermudez who experiments with various types of processing. I've never smelled and then tasted something so beautifully clean, bright, full, and sweet.

T
Fooled me. Figured they are in NY but in the Netherlands. Did you have it shipped here or were you visiting there?
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

Advertisement
LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#13: Post by LBIespresso »

My favorite coffee was also my greatest regret.

I ordered 2 pounds of green Rwanda Umurage Red Bourbon from Klatch to see if I liked it and should order some more. I loved it but so did everyone else and it was all gone when I went to order more :cry: I am saving that second pound of green for a special occasion.

Also, I agree with Michael that the Serrania Decaf was superb.
LMWDP #580

SteveRhinehart

#14: Post by SteveRhinehart »

September already feels like eight years ago to me so my memory for coffees I've had will be short.

A short while ago I was gifted a bag of an anaerobic process coffee from Gayo: Blackcurrant Rose from Torrefactos (aka Asvata) in Indonesia. https://www.tokopedia.com/asvataroaster ... -kopi-fine
They don't seem to ship, so it's not widely available unfortunately. It was the most dynamic and delicious Indonesian coffee I've ever had, with big in-your-face sweetness and lots of fruit. I likened it to a mouthful of gummy bears. I've been trying to see if I can get my hands on some more.

Just this month I got a fun coffee from Girls Who Grind Coffee in the UK: https://girlswhogrindcoffee.com/collect ... lombia-duo
The Cata's Profile is astoundingly delicious, to me. I am aware there's some controversy around cinnamon and thermal shock, but as the GWGC label says: if cinnamon is wrong, I don't want to be right. The tasting notes are spot on, as it is sweet and cinnamony like fresh baked pastries. The cinnamon is like a good party host - it's there and present and occasionally it's the focus of your attention, but otherwise it's in the background letting everybody else enjoy themselves.

A roaster near me, Skytop, also has a Wush Wush that I have been enjoying quite a lot. https://www.skytopcoffee.com/products/c ... -wush-wush
It's peach candy. Eminently sweet in the manner of cooked sugar, with a pleasant citric acidity and peach running all through. I've found it's a little less like a fresh peach and more a simplified peachy flavor, hence the candy descriptor. I've bought maybe 3 bags at this point and enjoyed them all equally.

mkane
Supporter ♡

#15: Post by mkane »

Panama Elida. I bought enough of it. I'm a bit further along this journey and I should buy more and give it another shot.

Next would be the coffee that tastes like apricots. Thanks, Tom C. The name escapes me but it was from the La Minita region if memory serves me right. It was so good we drove to Hollister to by 80lbs of slab Blenheim's.

CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster)

#16: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster) replying to mkane »

My wife would kill for 80lbs of slab Blenheims. She grew up on a apricot farm.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

Acavia

#17: Post by Acavia »

Coffee Collective Takesi ( Bolivian geshia coffee)

Only 5 brews worth of coffee - 120 grams. Finished brew 3 today in Kalita. First two in V60 were tea-like but rich and smooth with honey sweetness and good balanced bitter chocolate tastes. Not very acidic but a bright coffee. First brew had pecan notes in background as well as a lime taste on a few sips. Kalita was not as clean. Ill go back to V60 for last two.

It is my first gesha. It is very good - very refined and clean, basically an upscale, clean Ethiopian-like coffee to me.

Advertisement
MNate

#18: Post by MNate »

Not too memorable ever but for this year the Black and White Roasters Jorge Esteve natural that we used for our Minneapolis gathering stood out. It was my first time trying Black and White and the roast was very nice. I was only pleasantly happy with it as we used it at our gathering but a little later I used my Kinu M47 or Pharos, I don't remember, and something was just right and it was perfect. Blackberry and Chocolate and the right acidity for me. I think I was just starting to use the Adaptive Profile on my DE1 as well. It was nice to find the sweet spot of that coffee and it won me on the Adaptive Profile as well.

MB

#19: Post by MB »

Huckleberry Roasters Gedeb Ethiopia Chelbesa Natural. No longer available. Fresh tropical fruit wowzer.
LMWDP #472

mbbrew

#20: Post by mbbrew »

Acavia wrote:Coffee Collective Takesi ( Bolivian geshia coffee)

Only 5 brews worth of coffee - 120 grams. Finished brew 3 today in Kalita. First two in V60 were tea-like but rich and smooth with honey sweetness and good balanced bitter chocolate tastes. Not very acidic but a bright coffee. First brew had pecan notes in background as well as a lime taste on a few sips. Kalita was not as clean. Ill go back to V60 for last two.

It is my first gesha. It is very good - very refined and clean, basically an upscale, clean Ethiopian-like coffee to me.
The Takesi Catuai was actually my most memorable coffee of the year, also Coffee Collective. It was an ultra high altitude grown catuai and was the most floral coffee that I have ever tasted, including many geshas and Ethiopian microlots. It was delicate in the way that a high quality fresh harvest white tea can be, but had no lack of development and wasn't particularly acidic. Even though it was a small bag it was one that I felt the need to share with friends, and every person that tasted it said it was like nothing else that they had drank before.