My Top 3 Espresso Blends - Page 4

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
rockethead26

Postby rockethead26 » Apr 01, 2018, 7:43 pm

Most good roasters ship the day of the roast. I use about 3-4 roasters and usually get my coffee 3-4 days after roast. Most beans need to rest 4-7 days or so, so that takes care of most if not all the required rest. Most beans I buy cost $11-18 US per pound and almost all have free shipping when I buy 5 lb or so at a time.

dragoic1

Postby dragoic1 » Jun 29, 2018, 5:29 pm

where do you buy from ?

toolate

Postby toolate » Aug 12, 2018, 4:15 pm

sort of surprised no one mentioned Blue Jag or Redbird...maybe they dont need mention at this point but the value is hard to deny...
Josuma shows that value lb for lb : who else?

copajoe

Postby copajoe » Aug 12, 2018, 7:13 pm

TomC wrote:Kaldi's Coffee uses massive fluid bed roasters. They turn out excellent dark roasted coffee that doesn't taste scorched at all.

https://kaldiscoffee.com/collections/co ... presso-700

just ordered a 12oz. bag of this, thank you for the recommendation!

HRC-E.B.

Postby HRC-E.B. » Aug 16, 2018, 1:08 pm

I wonder what I did wrong with 49th Parallel Old School, because no matter how I ground or prepped, it yielded somewhat thin shots, with none of the viscosity I like from, say, a Malabar Gold, and with a more tart/astringent flavor than why I think of when thinking "old school".

Malabar Gold is great, though I found it a tad hard on my stomach. I wonder why?

krpv

Postby krpv » Aug 16, 2018, 10:38 pm

Can anyone give me their opinion on Peerless coffee, especially their espresso maranello? I was thinking about using it for my shop for some reasons like the sales rep lives near by and can help me out with many things, the price point, and it's a darker roast which I think on average people prefer. I'm pretty sure the majority of their coffees are nitrogen flushed and stay good for around a year, but had some concern about this. Even though it's nitrogen flushed there is an expiration date which means the quality is gradually going down. I appreciate any experience or advice. Ty