Moka Kadir Resting Time

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
jamiedolan

#1: Post by jamiedolan »

HI;

I've not liked the flavor of the Moka Kadir I've roasted recently in my Behmor. After talking to several people, It seems like this coffee needs a much longer rest period to be idea. Some have suggested up to 10 days even, because it needs time to off-gas.

I've wondering what the ideal way is to store this coffee during this resting period. Is there a container with a one way valve I should get?

I have a batch right now in a container that I try to open the lid on every day or so, but not sure that is good enough. I'm guessing it will stale if I just leave it exposed to air?

Thanks.

p.s. I found many topics here on coffee storage, but didn't find much discussing storage during this resting / off-gassing period and if that is handled differently.

bean2friends

#2: Post by bean2friends »

I just finished a bag of Moka Kadir that I roasted in my RK drum. This version of Moka Kadir is not as fruity as some I've had in the past. I found it to be just more chocolatey. I started using it at day 3 and finished it at day 11. I thought it was best at the end. I just keep it in a valved coffee bag.

jamiedolan (original poster)

#3: Post by jamiedolan (original poster) replying to bean2friends »

Thank You. I have a batch that will be at 8 days of rest as of tomorrow and I think I'm going to try it tomorrow and see how it compares to other batches that I've used after only about 3 days of rest.

Jamie