Maybe asking a lot, less fruit, more robust, but not smoky espresso - Page 3

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
chanty 77

#21: Post by chanty 77 »

Opened Teodoro's 6 day post roast. Didn't change the grind that was set for the GMC, 17g, first drip 10 seconds--started to blonde at about 24 seconds, 2nd shot was wonky---gusher, added more grams of beans to 3rd, still gusher, added yet more grams---total grams 17.6, still ran too fast, first drip at 2 seconds. Didn't waste that one though. Since I only drink cappuccinos, still was chocolatey--not sour, not bitter, but a tad weak probably cuz of the 2nd double that ran too fast. I think this has to do with my Gaggia Classic that is probably the culprit on the 2nd shot.
When I have my cappa today, will do 1st double at 17g and 2nd double at 17.6g to see how that goes.

DaveB

#22: Post by DaveB »

Teamawe wrote:How is this coffee now that you have lived with it for a few days? I'm looking for a similar flavor profile and wanted to see if you are happy with them before I try them myself.
I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Makes wonderful lattes (4 oz milk) and cortados (2 oz milk), and has a rich chocolate / nutty vibe. I would say go for it!
Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Bret
Supporter ♡

#23: Post by Bret »

I just got my 2 lb bag of Teodoro's this week (no date of roast marking to be found -- UPDATE: small sticker on the bottom, under a fold in the bag: roasted 11/16, received 11/19). I've pulled two shots, tasted them, and then made latte's wth them. Delicious, smooth shots, holds up well in a latte, and, as it happens, this is a roast that also works well for drip brewing, where it is sweet enough to chop my splenda dose in half, and I think I can drink it without any sweetener at all.

chanty 77

#24: Post by chanty 77 »

Did you look where the bottom of the bag edge that kind of turns under? That's where I found my roast date stamped, at first I didn't think it had a date. I thought that maybe my shots started out okay, but seemed to run a little fast towards the end (25-28sec.) Yet still a chocolatey almost a touch of 'sweet' flavor, no sour, no bitter. I tweaked the grinder a tad finer for tomorrow. Today was 7 days post roast.

lancealot

#25: Post by lancealot »

Glad to hear folks are liking Teodoro's. I am working my way through 5lbs right now. I forgot just how forgiving this stuff is. I find it hard to pull a bad shot with it.

Nossa definitely dates their bags. If you don't think there is a date and you are curious, send them an email. I'm pretty sure they can track down the roast date based on your order number. I've bought a fair amount of coffee from them and they have been really great about answering questions, making suggestions and taking feedback.

lancealot

#26: Post by lancealot »

chanty 77 wrote:Did you look where the bottom of the bag edge that kind of turns under? That's where I found my roast date stamped
Now that you mention it, that is where the date was hiding on my latest 5 lb bag too. Had to look for it.

chanty 77

#27: Post by chanty 77 »

Yes, they are awesome with their help. I give them so far 10 thumbs up.

Bret
Supporter ♡

#28: Post by Bret »

chanty 77 wrote:Did you look where the bottom of the bag edge that kind of turns under? That's where I found my roast date stamped, at first I didn't think it had a date. I thought that maybe my shots started out okay, but seemed to run a little fast towards the end (25-28sec.) Yet still a chocolatey almost a touch of 'sweet' flavor, no sour, no bitter. I tweaked the grinder a tad finer for tomorrow. Today was 7 days post roast.
Yes, on a whim I looked on the bottom, saw a blank bit of sticker and the date was tucked under the fold. I updated my post. Thanks. BTW, roasted on 11/16, received 11/19 and pulled great on the 19th :-)

Teamawe

#29: Post by Teamawe »

DaveB wrote:I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Makes wonderful lattes (4 oz milk) and cortados (2 oz milk), and has a rich chocolate / nutty vibe. I would say go for it!
Thank you, will add this one to the list!