Looking for a very flavorful medium to medium-dark roasted coffee

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
chanty 77

#1: Post by chanty 77 »

I know batches of beans can be slightly different from roast to roast (or so I hear). I have been trying so many different blends lately to find one I can be very happy with. I thought that was Nossa Teodoro. Yet my last batch seems to be rather blah, not as rich. I have tried Verve's Sermon & that has some lemon/citrusy notes in it that sometimes is rather hard to dial out. I don't mind fruit to some degree in my flavors, but only blueberry and even some cranberry--but too much makes it more of a sour drink no matter what I play with (temp., grind, grams). Even Cafe Lusso's GMC ends up being more roasty/bitter than what I would enjoy. I am not a light roast person. I believe with the right blend you can get great espresso flavor from simply a medium roast. I just got a new Lelit Elizabeth and am so looking forward to getting better espresso. I only drink cappuccinos, so the flavor has to punch through the milk. I do two doubles with about 3oz. of steamed milk. Thanks.

Ken5

#2: Post by Ken5 »

I have gotten two nossa familia orders the last couple of months and have really enjoyed them. The first order I got Teodora and camilia's and agree that the teodora is not as flavorful as other beans I have had, but I enjoyed it. Good solid taste without anything different going on than chocolate. I liked the Camila's better. This order I got the two above and also got the full cycle. The full cycle was my all time favorite bag of beans so far. Hoping the next order is just as good!!!!

So, in addition to what you find out here in this thread, try the full cycle if you order from nossa in the future.

Ken

mkane
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by mkane »

Monsoon Malabar anyone ?

mycatsnameisbernie

#4: Post by mycatsnameisbernie »

I love Klatch Belle. It came in 2nd place in last year's Favorite Espressos tasting here on HB.

SJM

#5: Post by SJM »

Have you tried any of the coffees from Northbound?
If not, this one might be worth a go.
I am partial to a lot of their roasts (Prana, Mainline, Happy Camper), but I think the American Beauty would be the place to start.
https://northboundcoffee.com/store/#!/A ... ory=720653

dparrish
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by dparrish »

Espresso Vivace's Vita
Olympia Coffee's Big Truck or Sweetheart

Those are my current faves and I drink mostly cappuccinos and lattes.

chanty 77 (original poster)

#7: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) »

Ken5 wrote:I have gotten two nossa familia orders the last couple of months and have really enjoyed them. The first order I got Teodora and camilia's and agree that the teodora is not as flavorful as other beans I have had, but I enjoyed it. Good solid taste without anything different going on than chocolate. I liked the Camila's better. This order I got the two above and also got the full cycle. The full cycle was my all time favorite bag of beans so far. Hoping the next order is just as good!!!!

So, in addition to what you find out here in this thread, try the full cycle if you order from nossa in the future.

Ken
Thanks, I did also try the Full Cycle & think I do like it--has more flavors going on than the Teodoro. It was a little trickier to dial in than the Teodoro, but I think flavors--more going on there. Camila says "floral", that makes me nervous--what do you get from it? Thanks

chanty 77 (original poster)

#8: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) »

mycatsnameisbernie wrote:I love Klatch Belle. It came in 2nd place in last year's Favorite Espressos tasting here on HB.
Looked it up, says it is a 'fruit bomb'. What fruit do you detect in it? Is it hard to dial in? Thanks.

cccpu

#9: Post by cccpu »

Have you already tried Brandywines Smith Bridge Road Blend? I just picked up a bag and was pleasantly surprised. A nice amount of sweetness with all the comforting chocolatey and caramelly/nutty notes without the roastiness once dialed in :)
LMWDP #583

HB
Admin

#10: Post by HB »

To avoid repetition, those contributing to this thread may wish to check out the similar thread More than single-dimensional medium to medium-dark roasted coffee by the OP.
Dan Kehn