Looking for a very flavorful medium to medium-dark roasted coffee - Page 2

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Ken5

#11: Post by Ken5 »

chanty 77 wrote:Camila says "floral", that makes me nervous--what do you get from it? Thanks
Honestly.... I am not sure what floral tastes like. :(. I order beans from caffe lusso that I like a lot and it states 'white' flowers on the bag. How do they come up with these descriptors? Lol

First order from nossa I stayed away from the full cycle because it stated bright fruit finish. Second order I went for it, glad I did. It is not hard to order things that I might not otherwise get as it is just about cheaper to get 3 bags with free shipping than to get 2 bags and pay the shipping.

Just opened the last bag from order 2, right now I liked full cycle the best, Camila's second and teodoro third. There is a time and place for teodoro so I will continue to order it, but not with every order from them. Maybe if we are having company and I want a safe bag of beans to make for them. Who knows, with the next order the camila and full cycle might swap as I am not sure how luck, time from roast, and the specific roasting played in my current preference.

Ken

chanty 77 (original poster)

#12: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) replying to Ken5 »

Thanks Ken! I'm glad I posted this as I am very interested in trying the Camila blend next time I order. Never even thought of this one, but my post on roasts brought you to my post & gives me another one to try since I do like Nossa blends, and they are so very reasonable. It's good to see people post occasionally their favorite roasts and why. I have done the search on this subject, but it seems when it is brought up again, more people chime in which is great.

Advertisement
Ken5

#13: Post by Ken5 »

Hope it works out well for you!

I am fairly new to espresso and need to try other roasters soon to see what else there is out there.

mycatsnameisbernie

#14: Post by mycatsnameisbernie »

chanty 77 wrote:Looked it up, says it is a 'fruit bomb'. What fruit do you detect in it? Is it hard to dial in? Thanks.
Right now, Klatch is only selling their "Summer" Belle. I was referring to standard Belle, which unfortunately is not for sale right now. The standard Belle has flavor notes that the roaster describes as "blackberry, chocolate, and brandy with a creamy body and a sweet finish".

rhtrevino
Supporter ♡

#15: Post by rhtrevino »

The go-to in our house is the Onyx Monarch blend. It's thick and rich with the characteristics of a good red wine. It's also fantastic in long milk (and milk alternative) drinks.

#16: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) replying to rhtrevino »

Is this pretty easy to dial in? I noticed they sell 10 oz. bags instead of the 12oz. bags.

Ken5

#17: Post by Ken5 »

Just looked at the monarch, states it is intentionally developed to work well with milk and cream. Wonder how it works as a straight espresso.

Advertisement
rhtrevino
Supporter ♡

#18: Post by rhtrevino »

chanty 77 wrote:Is this pretty easy to dial in? I noticed they sell 10 oz. bags instead of the 12oz. bags.
I've never had any trouble dialing in from bag to bag. Onyx is incredibly consistent.
Ken5 wrote:Just looked at the monarch, states it is intentionally developed to work well with milk and cream. Wonder how it works as a straight espresso.
All of the creamy berry notes claimed hold up as a straight espresso. The darker roast profile just allows it to stretch nicely in a long drink. That's what I've always taken their description to mean. For me, it's a very pleasant full-bodied shot.

emradguy
Supporter ♡

#19: Post by emradguy »

Also to consider...

Chromatic Coffee - Gamut Espresso
Kuma - Balanced
George Howell - Alchemy
Spyhouse - Orion

These are all solidly medium roast blends with a base of milk chocolate and/or caramel and overtones of fruits, berries. At times, the Orion can taste like blueberries in cream as a milk drink, and is simply delicious.
LMWDP #748

#20: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) replying to emradguy »

Thanks will check out some of these. Did check out the Orion--why are so many coffee companies going to 10 oz. bags. Geez, I thought 12 oz. was sucky.