Looking for Organic Coffee - Page 2

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
sweaner

#11: Post by sweaner »

What is the point of organic coffee?
Scott
LMWDP #248

SJM

#12: Post by SJM »

Some of us think that everything is better for us and for the planet if it is raised organically.

GregoryJ

#13: Post by GregoryJ »

SJM wrote:And thanks for mentioning that American Beauty is available again. I buy it when it is in season; the rest of the year it's Mainline for me.
Do you make espresso with mainline? I've tried prana for espresso and liked it a lot.

SJM

#14: Post by SJM replying to GregoryJ »

I haven't. I've packed my espresso equipment away and have been using the Technivorm Moccamaster for a while now. I have used both Mainline and American Beauty in that.

Rhiiine’Spro

#15: Post by Rhiiine’Spro »

Have you tried Counter Culture's forty-six blend as espresso?

https://counterculturecoffee.com/shop/coffee/forty-six

false1001

#16: Post by false1001 »

Q: I am looking for only organic coffees. What do you have?

A: As mentioned above, we have a drop down menu at the top of listings on the Green Coffee Offerings that allows you to view only those coffees that are organic, farm gate, recommended for espresso, wet or dry processed. In many regions, specialty coffee comes from smaller traditional farms and farmers are unwilling or unable to pay for organic certification. Specialty coffee in general does not see the wholesale use of herbicides that are seen in other crops
https://legacy.sweetmarias.com/library/green-coffee-faq

teamacacia

#17: Post by teamacacia »

I have been using Counter Culture the past couple years, and I like that they have multiple organic options. I'm not the best at dialing in a straight espresso, but I do like the CCC Forty-Six for capps. They have great customer service which has helped smooth out their online recurring ordering system which routinely gives me fits.
-Doc Todd

baldheadracing
Team HB

#18: Post by baldheadracing »

If you're interested in Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee, my friend's family farm was the first, and I believe still the only, farm with organic certifications (USDA for USA, COR for Canada, JAS for Japan, and CERES for the EU). You buy directly from the farm; I would recommend their medium roast. (Fair warning: Their "blond" roast is for parts of the EU market that like a coffee dropped before/right at the beginning of first crack.)

FWIW, Jamaican Blue Mountain is a mild coffee noted for lack of bitterness. The vast majority of Jamaican Blue Mountain goes to Japan. To me, it is similar to Cuban coffee. (Cuban coffee is widely available in Canada.)

http://www.rowansroyale.com
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada