Looking for a New Medium Roast Espresso for Cappuccinos

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Jebez

#1: Post by Jebez »

Dear friends - I was thinking of purchasing one of these six coffees and would love to know your thoughts and suggestions.
• Ladro - Ladro Espresso
• Methodical - Play Nice
• Methodical - Blue Boy
• Verve Streetlevel Blend
• Verve - Sermon
• Yes Plz - Yes Plz Weekly
I only make cappuccinos and enjoy sweeter and less acidic blends that are somewhat forgiving in pulling shots.
Thank you in advance for your assistance in making a selection.

mgwolf
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by mgwolf »

You might try La Colombe Nizza blend, medium comfort blend, great for capps. Should be easy to find on East Coast.

Jebez (original poster)

#3: Post by Jebez (original poster) » replying to mgwolf »

Thank you @mgwolf. I just checked their site and was blown away by all of the glowing reviews for this blend, and what I'd consider an extremely reasonable price.

nameisjoey

#4: Post by nameisjoey »

I've only had Sermon and Streetlevel. I much prefer sermon but I would say streetlevel probably tastes better in milk. Sermon definitely has more berry acidity between the two.

A couple others I'd suggest that taste great in a cappuccino

- Saka Caffe Gran Bar (dark roast, tons of chocolate/fudge notes)
- Saka Caffe Positano (medium roast)
- Cat & Cloud The Answer
- Black & White Roasters The Classic

Jebez (original poster)

#5: Post by Jebez (original poster) » replying to nameisjoey »

Thank you @nameisjoey for all of the suggestions.

spressomon

#6: Post by spressomon »

I've been enjoying George Howell's Brazil Daterra Espresso in cappuccinos. Medium roast, lower acidity and nice flavors as described with emphasis on the dark chocolate and toasted hazelnut flavor notes. This is my 2nd 2lb bag of it since first trying it a couple months ago...and will order it again.

https://store.georgehowellcoffee.com/co ... resso.html
No Espresso = Depresso

Milligan

#7: Post by Milligan »

Jebez wrote:Thank you @mgwolf. I just checked their site and was blown away by all of the glowing reviews for this blend, and what I'd consider an extremely reasonable price.
I had the Nizza in a cortado in one of the cafes in Chicago. It tasted just as you'd want in a daily comfort espresso. They also feature a rotating SO espresso. The best I've recently had is Cimarron's Court House blend. I'd recommend the 1kilo to get the free ship. They have 250g bags that are well priced if you'd want to sample it before committing to quantity.
★ Helpful

Jebez (original poster)

#8: Post by Jebez (original poster) »

spressomon wrote:I've been enjoying George Howell's Brazil Daterra Espresso in cappuccinos. Medium roast, lower acidity and nice flavors as described with emphasis on the dark chocolate and toasted hazelnut flavor notes. This is my 2nd 2lb bag of it since first trying it a couple months ago...and will order it again.

https://store.georgehowellcoffee.com/co ... resso.html
Thank you @spressomon. I've put George Howell's Brazil Daterra Espresso on my list. It sounds tasty.

Jebez (original poster)

#9: Post by Jebez (original poster) »

Milligan wrote:I had the Nizza in a cortado in one of the cafes in Chicago. It tasted just as you'd want in a daily comfort espresso. They also feature a rotating SO espresso. The best I've recently had is Cimarron's Court House blend. I'd recommend the 1kilo to get the free ship. They have 250g bags that are well priced if you'd want to sample it before committing to quantity.
Thank you @Milligan. I created an account on La Colombe's website last night, and was so very pleasantly surprised by their extremely fair pricing, stellar reviews, and offerings. I ordered a 12oz bag of the Nizza via subscription (free shipping!) and can't wait to try it and their other coffees as well as their SO espresso as you've suggested.

Thank you again @mgwolf for directing me to La Colombe.

SAllen

#10: Post by SAllen »

I exclusively make cappuccinos and highly recommend the Pacifica Espresso from Third Coast Coffee roasters here in Austin. You can read its reviews on Third Coast's website and it's just $11 a pound.