Looking for Chocolate and Easy to Dial in Espresso

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Wigglesworth2.0

#1: Post by Wigglesworth2.0 »

Beginner here, having a blast playing around. Wife and I drink a mix of Americanos and Lattes, with the occasional straight shot. Looking for something less fruit, more chocolate, that is easy to dial in for a newbie like me.

Any recommendations?

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC replying to Wigglesworth2.0 »

Nossa Famila Full Cycle

Caffe Lusso Gran Miscelo Carmo

Linea Caffe Espresso

Those are all very high quality, consistent and easy to dial in chocolatey blends. There are others, but these are a good start. You can't go wrong with any of these three.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Wigglesworth2.0 (original poster)

#3: Post by Wigglesworth2.0 (original poster) »

TomC wrote: Nossa Famila Full Cycle

Linea Caffe Espresso

Those are all very high quality, consistent and easy to dial in chocolatey blends. There are others, but these are a good start. You can't go wrong with any of these three.
Awesome, bout to grab 2lbs of whichever gives me the best deal with shipping.

r7

#4: Post by r7 »

Café Lusso - Gran Miscela Carmo

Vinaccio Coffee - Quattro e Uno

Caffe Ladro - Ladro Espresso

F800gs

#5: Post by F800gs »

Red bird

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by JohnB. »

TomC wrote: Nossa Famila Full Cycle

Linea Caffe Espresso

The current version on Nossa's Full Cycle has lots of bright fruit so you might want to skip that one.
LMWDP 267

lancealot

#7: Post by lancealot »

Agree with John here, Full Cycle has had bright flavors for me. However Nossa Teodoros for the easy to pull chocolatey espresso win. I am pulling it right now. Bittersweet chocolate, oh so smooth. Linea and Lusso GMC are great Rec.s too.

cccpu

#8: Post by cccpu »

I just ordered my first bag of Caffe Lusso Gran Miscelo Carmo that I've heard good things about. I've mostly only drank my own roasts, Onyx, JBC, and Red Rooster. My next order will probably include some Malabar Gold as I'm looking to expand my taste experiences.
LMWDP #583

chipman

#9: Post by chipman »

I could be mistaken but I don't think the OP is in the U.S. Though all those choices may be great, they may not be cost effective.

Wigglesworth2.0 (original poster)

#10: Post by Wigglesworth2.0 (original poster) replying to chipman »

I'm posted abroad so I have access to US shipping options. I went with Caffe Lusso Gran Miscelo Carmo and their decaf.