Looking for Chocolate and Easy to Dial in Espresso - Page 12

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
lancealot

#111: Post by lancealot »

JohnB. wrote:The current version of Full Cycle is quite a bit different then it was a year or 2 ago. I imagine the bright fruit gets lost in 4-5 oz of steamed milk. Try a straight shot & see what you get.
slybarman wrote:Straight shots really aren't my jam, but I'll give a sippy when I pull one tomorrow. It might be lost on me though.
Dodged a bullet there. Thanks JohnB. I almost bought 5lbs of Full Cycle. Steve, based on your tasting notes I had thought that the blend had changed. I remember it being too bright for me. Then JohnB chimed in and I realized that your tasting notes are from a latte. I guess you did say that you were drinking a latte but I never would have thought that you were talking about how the espresso tastes in a latte and not just how the espresso tastes.

slybarman

#112: Post by slybarman replying to lancealot »

Not sure what you mean. I thought my post was pretty clear - photo and all. Many here, like me, don't prefer straight shots, so I don't think that should ever be assumed. Having said that, several others recommended full cycle to meet the criteria of easy to pull and chocolatey, so I'm not sure why they weren't getting bright and fruity as Jon describes. I bought the full cycle based on those recommendations and while not super chocolatey, I do think it is very enjoyable.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#113: Post by JohnB. »

Just to be clear the current Full Cycle does have chocolate & caramel but it also has some bright fruit. Overall it's a pleasant tasting shot just don't expect to get all chocolate in a straight shot. The flavor description on the Full Cycle page is pretty accurate which is a nice change from the out of date descriptions many roasters leave up long after the blend has changed. https://www.nossacoffee.com/products/full-cycle
LMWDP 267

wachuko

#114: Post by wachuko »

I really liked that Nicoletti...

Searching for that perfect espresso!

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

slybarman

#115: Post by slybarman replying to wachuko »

Cool cup.

etout00

#116: Post by etout00 »

wachuko wrote:I really liked that Nicoletti...

I second Nicoletti, great blend, great price and easy to order

wachuko

#117: Post by wachuko replying to etout00 »

Yes... looks like that will become my daily...

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

etout00

#118: Post by etout00 »

Another blend that is readily available around the US is Counter Culture Forty-Six...definitey one of their darker blends, Northern Italian style.

wachuko

#119: Post by wachuko »

etout00 wrote:Another blend that is readily available around the US is Counter Culture Forty-Six...definitely one of their darker blends, Northern Italian style.
Will give it a try. Thank you.

EDIT: Looked at it and it has La Golondrina as part of the blend... I will pass... I do not like the cherry flavor that this one gives... Thank you anyway.

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

Iowa_Boy

#120: Post by Iowa_Boy »

Thinking of trying some Kaldi 700 or Kaldi Cafe Malta. Anyone try them and how did they compare them to ones in this thread?