Looking for Chocolate and Easy to Dial in Espresso - Page 2

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
iploya
Supporter

#11: Post by iploya »

TomC wrote: Nossa Famila Full Cycle
Of my last several coffee purchases, Full Cycle also has my vote. I get bored pulling the same stuff every day, but once I dialed it in to my preference it was consistently good until I ran out.

I'm struggling with my latest batch of Belle (Klatch) and had better luck with it last time.
--AB

Mintyfresh

#12: Post by Mintyfresh »

I also recommend Nossa Famila Full Cycle!

belegnole

#13: Post by belegnole »

I was looking for a nice chocolaty espresso and after some research ended up with Nossa Famila Teodoro's Italian Roast. I find it to be very nice by itself or in a latte.

In a latte it's alot like chocolate milk.
LMWDP #641

Wigglesworth2.0

#14: Post by Wigglesworth2.0 »

Today the Caffe Lusso Gran Miscelo Carmo arrived and I gotta say, you guys nailed it. I asked for chocolate and chocolate is exactly what I got.

I'm fascinated as I weave through the world of espresso to see how different roasts taste.

I'd love any recs for something on the other end of the taste spectrum for comparison.

We generally drink Americans or lattes, with a dopio thrown in for me here and there.

cccpu

#15: Post by cccpu »

Caffe Lusso Gran Miscelo Carmo arrived yesterday here as well.

It is definitely a different profile than I am used to... Can anyone weigh in with how it compares for Josuma's Malabar Gold in taste? That was going to be my next purchase, but if people with experience say that they are similar in development and taste, I might move to my next coffee in the playlist instead?

Thanks!
LMWDP #583

bluesman

#16: Post by bluesman »

cccpu wrote:Can anyone weigh in with how it compares for Josuma's Malabar Gold in taste?
Malabar Gold is sweeter, with a bit of red fruit in the finish and a bigger feel in the mouth - and it seems very low in acidity to me. It's unique and you really should try it, just to experience something truly different. There's chocolate in it for sure, but it's much more than a traditional cocoa-nutty shot.

Iowa_Boy

#17: Post by Iowa_Boy »

Wigglesworth2.0 wrote:Today the Caffe Lusso Gran Miscelo Carmo arrived and I gotta say, you guys nailed it. I asked for chocolate and chocolate is exactly what I got.

I'm fascinated as I weave through the world of espresso to see how different roasts taste.

I'd love any recs for something on the other end of the taste spectrum for comparison.

We generally drink Americans or lattes, with a dopio thrown in for me here and there.
How is the decaf? I have been very curious to try it.

slybarman

#18: Post by slybarman »

bluesman wrote:Malabar Gold is sweeter, with a bit of red fruit in the finish and a bigger feel in the mouth - and it seems very low in acidity to me. It's unique and you really should try it, just to experience something truly different. There's chocolate in it for sure, but it's much more than a traditional cocoa-nutty shot.

I would add better and more persistent crema for latte art as well.

Wigglesworth2.0

#19: Post by Wigglesworth2.0 »

Iowa_Boy wrote:How is the decaf? I have been very curious to try it.

Will let you know tomorrow. Today I dialed in the original. Tomorrow evening I will get the decaf going. Hoping it's decent. I need to scale back my caf intake.

Wigglesworth2.0

#20: Post by Wigglesworth2.0 »

bluesman wrote:Malabar Gold is sweeter, with a bit of red fruit in the finish and a bigger feel in the mouth - and it seems very low in acidity to me. It's unique and you really should try it, just to experience something truly different. There's chocolate in it for sure, but it's much more than a traditional cocoa-nutty shot.
This will be my next order. At the price point, it seems amazing. That said, I tend to really dislike robusta.