Looking for a berry + chocolate fruit bomb

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
lancealot

#1: Post by lancealot »

Has anyone had anything like this in the past month or 4? My experience is that these naturals tend to pretty seasonal and are different form year to year, so I am looking for reports from recent shipments. Not looking for lime, or any citrus notes. Klatch Panama elida has my attention but I am not too interested in bergamot. Wonder if they just put that on there so they could meet the 3 flavor descriptor standard. :D
Thanks!

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#2: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

What website did you see "bergamot" used? Already roasted? I don't see it on Klatch or Roastmasters when I glanced.

Didn't find it in our cup when roasted as below. Best coffee we have had as SO espresso IN a CAP.

Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

Advertisement
lancealot (original poster)

#3: Post by lancealot (original poster) »

Bergamot
https://www.klatchroasting.com/collect ... ral-catuai

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#4: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

This is why this is so hard - farther down the page it says

"Richly and cleanly fruit-toned, chocolaty. Dried fig, chocolate fudge, molasses, oak, narcissus-like flowers in aroma and cup. Deeply sweet-tart in structure with high-toned, crisp acidity; full, creamy mouthfeel. The resonant flavor-saturated finish centers around fig and chocolate suggestions."

We didn't get that raspberry either but maybe this is the pour over flavors and not espresso. Should they differ?

We don't have any roasted at the moment so can't really add more to the story right now but can later on.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

another_jim
Team HB

#5: Post by another_jim »

The major attribute of Klatch's Elida is floral aromatics, the flavor is berries with just a hint of chocolate. One of the best coffees this year; but not quite what I would call a berry & chocolate bomb, more flower power with sprinkles.
Jim Schulman

bean2friends

#6: Post by bean2friends »

Panama Elida natural is, i think, my favorite coffee. I've roasted it myself with greens from both Klatch and Roastmasters. And I've had it roasted from Klatch. I also don't care for bergamot in coffee. I've had that in some Ethiopians. I've never tasted it in the Panana Elida.

Me2

#7: Post by Me2 »

Olympia Big Truck. That's exactly what I get with a lever profile.

Advertisement
spressomon

#8: Post by spressomon replying to Me2 »

I've experienced similar taste profile from Big Truck earlier this year. Then a subsequent order late spring didn't yield the same yummy (to me anyway :D ) taste profile. And I haven't ordered it since.
No Espresso = Depresso

lancealot (original poster)

#9: Post by lancealot (original poster) »

spressomon wrote:Then a subsequent order late spring didn't yield the same yummy (to me anyway :D ) taste profile. And I haven't ordered it since.
I am glad to hear you say this. I bought 5lbs about a year back based on roaster description. I could not pull any fruit at all out of it. I was very disappointed and now I am quite reluctant to buy from Olympia.

nameisjoey

#10: Post by nameisjoey »

Black & White Roaster's The Natural