List of our Favorite Roasters - Page 16

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
spressomon

#151: Post by spressomon »

For a chocolate/cocoa bomb that works very, very well in capps try Adventure Coffee Roasting's Sunrise Breakfast Blend. We Discovered Scott and his Adventure Coffee Roasting co at a farmer's market in Tucson a few years ago while there on visit. We buy it in 5lb lots for 10% discount...and even at the regular 1 pound price of $13 its a square deal...organic, fair trade and all.

Always consistent, always roasted per order and never less than pure joy in the cup.

http://www.adventurecoffeeroasting.com/store/1200.html

So wonderful to have so many choices today stateside!
No Espresso = Depresso

the_trystero

#152: Post by the_trystero »

JmanEspresso wrote:Srsly. Ecco is dearly missed.

And, despite what is written on the Ecco website, I dont see any "Ecco Project" happening at Intelly...
Haven't seen this mentioned yet:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/120 ... inea-caffe
"A screaming comes across the sky..." - Thomas Pynchon

zin1953 (original poster)

#153: Post by zin1953 (original poster) »

Edited on 5 July 2013.
A morning without coffee is sleep. -- Anon.

rgrosz

#154: Post by rgrosz »

JonF wrote:Threads like this a great, and keep me coming back to HB. I tried quite a few recommendations. All have been good, but I keep coming back to Red Bird Espresso for my weekly lb of beans. Perhaps it is just a perfect fit for my setup, but for whatever reason it is my favorite. Plus they have the best, most consistent shipping I have ever seen. Just a great company.
I used to be a Red Bird regular, but started roasting some of the SM green coffee espresso blends a year ago. I have been pleased with the results so far.

Recently, I decided to branch out and try some espresso blends from other home roasters (coffee cuppers / distributors) who sell their espresso blends on the internet. I just ordered these two, and think they are great - a step up from my roasts of the SM blends.
Larry's Coffee - Driftwood Espresso
The Excellent Cup - 86th St Espresso

I haven't had any RedBird in over a year, so I can't give you a direct taste comparison.
LMWDP #556
Life is too short to drink bad wine - or bad coffee

cafeIKE

#155: Post by cafeIKE »

Colorado River Coffee Roasters
http://www.crcoffeeroasters.com/

Bob_McBob

#156: Post by Bob_McBob »

I mentioned Te Aro Roasted a while back in the thread. As of January this year, they're known as Pilot Coffee Roasters. They now offer free shipping on orders over $26, so I get coffee from them pretty regularly.

I wouldn't say they are the best place to go if you want stereotypical third wave acidic citrus and so on, but they have a nice selection of espresso blends. Big Bro is very much comfort espresso to me, chocolatey caramel, bready when you grind it, and not very clean. Makes nice milk drinks. I haven't tried Little Bro enough to say much about it. Elevens has a very strong blueberry note from the Sidama natural in it, if that is your thing.
Chris

Nate42

#157: Post by Nate42 »

I'd like to nominate Coffee Slingers in Oklahoma City Oklahoma. Although I live in New Hampshire now, I'm originally an okie and I discovered them on a trip home earlier this year. Ive been back several times since, and introduced a few trusted friends as well, and no one has been disappointed. If you're in the area absolutely give them a shot.

Only drawback to ordering their beans online: they use paper bags. So they're probably best for people who live close enough to get quick shipping.

B-Rod

#158: Post by B-Rod »

JonF wrote:Threads like this a great, and keep me coming back to HB. I tried quite a few recommendations. All have been good, but I keep coming back to Red Bird Espresso for my weekly lb of beans. Perhaps it is just a perfect fit for my setup, but for whatever reason it is my favorite. Plus they have the best, most consistent shipping I have ever seen. Just a great company.
I met Jeff from Red Bird in Bozeman a few months back, where he met me with a 5lb bag at my favourite breakfast spot when I visit MT. He is a great guy, and I love his espresso! I'm cautious to compare it to Fratello's $36/lb (!!) espresso, as RB has been better in my experience, and 5x cheaper (not that it has anything at all to do with it). Guy's like Jeff are worth supporting, too bad he lives on the other side of the border from me. No matter, just ordered another bag tonight.

heavyduty

#159: Post by heavyduty »

I've had excellent beans from Novo & Kickapoo. Seems to me they are worthy of this list if it's still being updated.
Tomorrow came sooner than expected.

Paul

duke-one

#160: Post by duke-one »

I've been enjoying R.Bird for years now, Red Bird Espresso and various drip blends. Jeff has been great to deal with sometimes sending my beans UPS at no additional cost when USPS has been less then reliable. USPS has improved a lot lately at least in my area.
KDM