Linea Caffe's five year $5 discount

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
yakster
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by yakster »

I received an email from Andrew Barnett that Linea in San Francisco is celebrating its 5 year anniversary with a $5 off coupon code for online sales of 5YEARS on the http://www.lineacaffe.com site. I've always enjoyed Linea's coffee and Ecco Caffe before that, and shipping is free. Andrew likes a developed roast which would not be considered light.

This offer is good from September 18th through the 31st.

I have no financial interest in this offer, just passing it along.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

BobStern

#2: Post by BobStern »

Any experience with which of their 5 current single origin coffees are best suited for espresso?

DanSF

#3: Post by DanSF »

I emailed the shop this question as I enjoy my Linea espresso subscription. I asked specifically about the Ethiopia and Brazil coffees currently on their website, and the response was that the single origins are not currently roasted for espresso but there are folks who do pull Ethiopia and Brazil as espresso. They encouraged me to give it a try, and I will probably take advantage of the promotion to, as they suggested, "give it a shot :lol:"

DanSF

#4: Post by DanSF »

DanSF wrote:I will probably take advantage of the promotion to, as they suggested, "give it a shot "
I just finished off a bag of the single-origin Brazil. As advertised, the roast was different (lighter) than their Espresso Blend. After trying a few different approaches for dialing it in, I concluded I was getting what I could out of the bean and that it wasn't to my taste. I lean towards a fairly standard "N Italian" espresso, which is why I like the Linea Espresso Blend. Their single-origin Brazil produced more of a third-wave espresso, thinner consistency, fruit and astringency, no chocolate bass notes to speak of. I realized this after a few shots and I probably should have taken the beans out of the K30 and used them for drip (which I bet would have been sumptuous) but I didn't have any other espresso beans in the house plus I don't do drip at home.