Lavazza roasts for consumers in the USA

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
drH

#1: Post by drH »

For anyone here in the US who loves Lavazza but struggles to get it fresh, it looks like this will get easier by the end of the year.

https://dailycoffeenews.com/2021/05/03/ ... -roasting/
Howard Bryman wrote:Italian coffee giant Lavazza has has announced that by the end of this year, Lavazza coffee products for the United States consumer market will actually be roasted in the U.S.

Lavazza North America is expanding its West Chester, Pennsylvania, "Lavazza Professional" facility by about 1,000 square meters (10,763 square feet) to make way for additional roasting capabilities. While Lavazza Professional caters to the office coffee segment, the new roasting operation is designed to expand the brand's reach in the U.S. direct-to-consumer market.

PIXIllate
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by PIXIllate »

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up on this.

cskorton

#3: Post by cskorton »

Interesting news! West Chester is not too far for those of us in Philly. Hopefully I'll be able to try some of their stuff locally. Some of my favorite shots I had when I was first starting out with espresso came from the Lavazza bar in both Eataly locations in NYC.

GeorgeP922

#4: Post by GeorgeP922 »

Probably unrelated but I saw a Lavazza decalled van recently.
I walked upto it parked and saw two men inside.
I gave a pleasant hello and asked them if they had any swag or mugs to give away.
They had the most puzzled look on their face (these guys were true Baltimore Yokels, the last people you would stereotype as espresso repairmen)
The driver said I wish we did, they are at the office.
I think truly that any cup they may have given me would probably be paid for by a customer.
Anyways, I am sure the they were servicing a restaurant, probably the Professional Services.