La Marzocco Home Espresso Subscription - Vagrant Coffee Nomad - Page 2

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
clc12rock (original poster)

#11: Post by clc12rock (original poster) »

IcemanT wrote:It is pretty steep!
I've suspended my subscription, not worth the 39$ for the curating they provide IMO
Yea I'm thinking about cancelling as well. The past few months have been meh. I wish they would let us know the beans before the charge goes through. That would be absurd if they only sent us a pound this month. Also wish they would start sending two different coffees again.

Edit: Just saw the below in the comments section of the blog post. Seems like they're hinting that there will be more than two 8oz bags in the shipment. I guess we'll know soon...

"After being on the subscription for years, I have to say 2x 8oz bags which retail for $14, doesn't seem like a good deal to me, even with shipping.

La Marzocco Home Mod niner_four_whiskey * 17 hours ago
Hi there! Thanks for the feedback. We think you'll be happy with the shipment-but please email us if you're still dissatisfied once you receive it!"

IcemanT

#12: Post by IcemanT »

clc12rock wrote: Edit: Just saw the below in the comments section of the blog post. Seems like they're hinting that there will be more than two 8oz bags in the shipment. I guess we'll know soon...

"After being on the subscription for years, I have to say 2x 8oz bags which retail for $14, doesn't seem like a good deal to me, even with shipping.

La Marzocco Home Mod niner_four_whiskey * 17 hours ago
Hi there! Thanks for the feedback. We think you'll be happy with the shipment-but please email us if you're still dissatisfied once you receive it!"
I doubt they will send out more than 2 bags. That reply from la marzocco looks like a standard customer service reply with no added value...

Qcoffee77

#13: Post by Qcoffee77 »

In the same boat here. I certainly didn't subscribe expecting to get a deal, but if I'm essentially getting a pound of coffee for $39 I'm out! Also like other people have mentioned, it would be nice to get two different types of beans from each roaster instead of two of the same.

I've enjoyed the coffees since being a subscriber for sure, but I don't enjoy feeling ripped off, that's exactly how I'll feel if I end up with 2 8oz bags of coffee in the mail next week.

mike01

#14: Post by mike01 replying to Qcoffee77 »

I got mine today. It is 2-8oz bags. So $39 for a pound of coffee. I will likely cancel my subscription as well.

danny31292

#15: Post by danny31292 »

For some perspective, the bags retail for $14 and shipping is $7 directly from the roaster. This month we're paying $4 or ~10% extra versus buying direct. Why didn't everyone cancel when we were sent two $12 bags of Counter Culture that you could pick up in your local grocery store?

Nitz369

#16: Post by Nitz369 »

Yeah got mine today too, 2-8oz bags. I didn't expect a deal for this service, but they are not paying $14/8oz bag, I'm sure they are getting a decent discount. So for me to pay them an extra $5 than what I could buy from the roaster is plain ridiculous.

Qcoffee77

#17: Post by Qcoffee77 »

danny31292 wrote:For some perspective, the bags retail for $14 and shipping is $7 directly from the roaster. This month we're paying $4 or ~10% extra versus buying direct. Why didn't everyone cancel when we were sent two $12 bags of Counter Culture that you could pick up in your local grocery store?

I tend to think more about how much I'm paying per ounce rather than what I could pay at a store or to the roaster directly. I know I'm going to pay a premium for La Marzocco to 'curate' every month. I wouldn't have thought about cancelling with the Counter Culture shipment because I'm paying $1.62 an ounce, which I find to be within reason. With this month's shipment we are paying $2.43 an ounce. In my mind that is way to much to be paying for coffee, that's why I'm unhappy.

Doubleorigin

#18: Post by Doubleorigin »

danny31292 wrote:For some perspective, the bags retail for $14 and shipping is $7 directly from the roaster. This month we're paying $4 or ~10% extra versus buying direct. Why didn't everyone cancel when we were sent two $12 bags of Counter Culture that you could pick up in your local grocery store?
Two 8oz bags of Parlor Coffee Wallabout is $31 (includes shipping!)

https://parlorcoffee.com/products/subscribe

danny31292

#19: Post by danny31292 »

Qcoffee77 wrote: I tend to think more about how much I'm paying per ounce rather than what I could pay at a store or to the roaster directly. I know I'm going to pay a premium for La Marzocco to 'curate' every month. I wouldn't have thought about cancelling with the Counter Culture shipment because I'm paying $1.62 an ounce, which I find to be within reason. With this month's shipment we are paying $2.43 an ounce. In my mind that is way to much to be paying for coffee, that's why I'm unhappy.
I can't say I've been happy every month but my success criteria is if I received a unique bag for around what it would cost to purchase directly from the roaster, I'm happy. I did prefer when they sent two different coffees. Prior to my subscription, I liked to order for different roasters but it was a hassle to time everything and figure out what non-espresso blend coffees were good for espresso, let alone getting brew recommendations for those coffees. If cost was a concern, I'd buy local or from the cheaper online roasters. I think La Marzocco would actually lose more subscribers if they limited their roaster choice to what was perceived as "a good value". After all, they sell $7k home espresso machines... I hope most of the subscription cost gets passed onto the roaster instead of pocketing for profit under the guise of "advertising". Some transparency here would help the perceived value of their subscription.

clc12rock (original poster)

#20: Post by clc12rock (original poster) »

I emailed support and they said they're working with the roaster to send out more coffee. We'll see what happens.