La Marzocco Home Espresso Subscription - Intelligentsia Coffee: Ethiopia Tikur Anbessa

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
nuketopia

#1: Post by nuketopia »

The description just went up today on the La Marzocco blog.

https://home.lamarzoccousa.com/intellig ... -may-2019/

This one looks very interesting!

Chert

#2: Post by Chert »

I agree. It looks like it is 2016-17 harvest. Does Intelli store greens that long? Like George Howell?
LMWDP #198

another_jim
Team HB

#3: Post by another_jim »

I've had it several times, last time around 6 months ago. It is a coffee that Intelly gets each year. The odd harvest dates may be due to the page not being revised.

FWIW, I remember it as tasty, with characteristic Ethiopian flavors, and quite tractable for espresso, at least on a lever machine. Start your dialing in by dosing and grinding it like a medium roast, rather than a light one, since it's not super acidic or grassy.
Jim Schulman

clc12rock

#4: Post by clc12rock »

Just one coffee this month? I guess they'll send two bags of it. I think they did that a few months ago too.

nuketopia (original poster)

#5: Post by nuketopia (original poster) replying to clc12rock »

Yeah, sometimes you get two coffees, sometimes you get two bags of the same. Always two bags.

michael

#6: Post by michael »

Wonder why the coffee is not available from Intelligentsia on the website 8)

Jared

#7: Post by Jared »

michael wrote:Wonder why the coffee is not available from Intelligentsia on the website 8)
The other day they had a banner on their website for it, but the link was broken to it.

https://www.intelligentsiacoffee.com/ti ... n-espresso

It looks like MistoBox and Crema.co have had it before. I think it will be coming back on their website, but maybe they are waiting until the orders are filled for the subscription.

michael

#8: Post by michael »

I saw the banner, but when I asked about the coffee, I received a reply that it was not in season 8)

Jared

#9: Post by Jared replying to michael »

Not in season for non-subscription customers...I see what they did there. 8)

Almico

#10: Post by Almico »

Current crop Ethiopias are just starting to hit. I'd bet this is last years crop. I'll be getting mine soon. We'll see.