La Marzocco Home Espresso Subscription: Happy? Unhappy? - Page 2

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
JokerJacket

#11: Post by JokerJacket »

drown wrote:I am on my fourth month of a LM subscription. I've enjoyed it. If sampling different roasters is your goal the only comparable subscription I found was the Seattle Coffee Gear one. It's cheaper than LM. But I haven't tried it. If you just want to sample different coffees, even exclusively SO coffees I think Counter Culture has enough varieties to keep you busy. But I also have not tried them.
Does the SGC subscription also have brew parameters etc? The thing drawing me to the LM subscription is the extraction parameters which I assume are calibrated on LM machines.

pcrussell50

#12: Post by pcrussell50 »

Happy.

I view coffees like fine wines (even though I don't drink wine much)... You enjoy them while you have them and when they're gone they're gone and you move on to the next.

The variety suits my equipment since I can flow profile or not, at my leisure.

I can see how the bloke who uses the same bean all the time every time might not like it so much.

-Peter
LMWDP #553

JokerJacket

#13: Post by JokerJacket »

Well, I just signed up for LM subscription. Looking forward to trying this October shipment out. When do they normally come? Middle of the month?

pcrussell50

#14: Post by pcrussell50 replying to JokerJacket »

Just got an email that my October shipment is due in tomorrows mail.

-Peter
LMWDP #553

clc12rock

#15: Post by clc12rock »

Mine got in over the weekend. Just finished last month's today, so probably gonna break it open the first bag this afternoon. It's a local roaster from Durham! I go to their shop Cocoa Cinnamon whenever I'm in Durham. Really great shop. Haven't been to their new roasting facility yet tho.

pcrussell50

#16: Post by pcrussell50 »

This November one is a fairly dark roast for my tastes. BUT having this subscription and the way they mix between light and dark helps me keep my perspective on what else is out there besides light roasts.

-Peter
LMWDP #553

misterjaayy

#17: Post by misterjaayy »

Has anyone else not received their October delivery?

I have yet to receive a shipping notification and I'm trying to time it so I don't run out of beans.

JokerJacket

#18: Post by JokerJacket »

Mine says delivery tomorrow.

pcrussell50

#19: Post by pcrussell50 »

misterjaayy wrote:Has anyone else not received their October delivery?

I have yet to receive a shipping notification and I'm trying to time it so I don't run out of beans.
Two bags from Panther in Miami: one, East Cast blend, one West Coast blend. Got them early/second week October.

Hmmm... I have found LM Home to be very easy, reasonable and professional to deal with. Very positive experience so far. Have you reached out to them?

-Peter
LMWDP #553

JokerJacket

#20: Post by JokerJacket »

Isn't Panther last month's bags? October is suppose to be Little Waves.