Kuma Coffee shoutout

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
grog

#1: Post by grog »

I wanted to give some props to Kuma Coffee for amazing customer service. I recently had an issue with an order that was completely the fault of the delivery service, yet Kuma replaced the order on their own dime. I've always loved their coffees, and this above and beyond customer service has made me a customer for life!
LMWDP #514

RockyIII
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by RockyIII »

It's always nice to hear about good customer service. I've never ordered from Kuma before, but I just now placed an order for a bag of Balanced blend.

Rocky

spressomon

#3: Post by spressomon »

Wasn't familiar with Kuma until your post Greg, so I ordered some of their natural Ethiopian & Guatemala Aragon.

I didn't see this on their website: What are the roast levels?
No Espresso = Depresso

soadasopa

#4: Post by soadasopa replying to spressomon »

Big Kuma fan here. I would describe their roasts as perfectly developed and nothing more. Enough to get an easy extraction and light enough to preserve the delicate quality of their coffees. I would say they are right there with Sweet Bloom, Howell, and Intelligentsia.

grog (original poster)

#5: Post by grog (original poster) »

Dan, some of their coffees are quite light, yet certainly properly developed. My go-to roasters are Kuma, Olympia, Slate and Sweet Bloom. I love Howell but the shipping is not reasonable relative to other roasters IMO.All four have a fairly similar approach to roasting - perhaps Kuma is on the lighter end of the spectrum in that group. The natural they have on offer right now is excellent BTW.
LMWDP #514
★ Helpful

emradguy
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by emradguy »

RockyIII wrote:It's always nice to hear about good customer service. I've never ordered from Kuma before, but I just now placed an order for a bag of Balanced blend.

Rocky
I expect you're drinking the Balanced already. I'd had Kuma several times before as its a regular at Grind Coffee Project in Ft. Lauderdale, and I get there about every year or two. I finally bought some Balanced myself a couple of months ago. I was so impressed that when my stock got low, I ordered a second batch (I typically order 3-5# at a time for 'spro). I'm just about finished with batch 2. Since I was in Seattle the other day, staying 2 blocks from Ladro, I brought home 3# of their beans...but Kuma is definitely going to be a part of my regular rotation (along with Nossa Full Cycle, Chromatic Gamut, and Howell's Alchemy).
LMWDP #748

spressomon

#7: Post by spressomon »

Really enjoying Kuma's Aragon Guatemala beans right now! Don't think I can identify "Rainier Cherry, Plum, Walnut, Nougat" LOL...but its dang good just the same!
No Espresso = Depresso

Royal Coffee

#8: Post by Royal Coffee »

So happy to see Kuma getting some love here - they're one of my favorite Seattle roasters! Full disclosure: I used to work with Peter Mark a long time ago. But the coffee he's roasting up with his crew is reliably delicious!
Evan Gilman
Creative Director
Royal Coffee, Inc.