Josuma monsoon medley

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Mggray87

#1: Post by Mggray87 »

I have been ordering malabar gold 5lb at a time for over a year now.

We recently dug out of our freezer the lazazza super crema a buddy gave us to try. No idea how old it was. I had it frozen for 2 months. Plus they are never fresh. But it was smooth in a latte. Super smooth.

Besides that. The malabar gold is good def more.bold more espresso in my latte. But anyone have the monsoon medley. Curious how it compares. I emailed josuma and they said its used for drip. But has similar beans. So I'm checking before I buy to test. Any experience with espresso or lattes.

appfrent

#2: Post by appfrent »

I have tried them for espresso. They are roasted dark and shiny but do not taste like typical dark roasted beans. They are hard to extract for espresso but once successful, expect good body with smooth earthy notes. Can't compare to super crema but I can with Malabar Gold. Malabar gold has more preferable flavor (for me), higher caffeine levels, and moderate aging (decay upon storage room temp or freezer). Monsoon Medley has lower caffeine and acidity with excellent aging. No decay in flavor even after 8 weeks at room temperature.
Tips for extraction: low temperature, very fine grinding, updose
Forget four M's, four S's are more important :-)- see, sniff, sip and savor....