Is Colombian coffee suppose to be sour? And how to tame it? - Page 2

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
evillalon

#11: Post by evillalon »

Another paramter you can play with is grind size and brew time while holding the same ratio. I think once the extraction is right the flavor will balance. How old is the coffee by chance? If its relatively new, maybe it needs to age a bit more? When all else fails, drown it in milk ;-)

mkane
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by mkane »

Nusstu wrote:Thanks TomC for the reply. No, I haven't tried other Colombian coffee this is my first and I'm quite new to coffee appreciation.

What do you mean by washed, is it like a preparation technique from the roaster or grower?

So, what beans would you recommend for espresso (that is idiot proof for extracting)?
Washed, meaning cherries are run through a bath of water before drying. Single origin coffee's can be a bear in my experience. I'm very new to espresso extraction.

Advertisement
Marcelnl

#13: Post by Marcelnl »

I tend to like Colobians as SO, as matter of fact I'm currently enjoying a truly great one, from Antioqia, Finca Los Pinos, buttery chocolate, spices and a hint of acidity that helps keep it balanced. Roasted a bit darker than I tend to go, but I was playing around with different approaches to lowering gas after reading Scott Rao's Best practices.

LMWDP #483