In praise of robusta-containing espresso blends and traditional flavors - Page 3

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Balthazar_B

#21: Post by Balthazar_B »

Phaedrus wrote:I humbly volunteer to be one of the 10 people!
Ditto! Ditto! Ditto!
- John

LMWDP # 577

Dragon

#22: Post by Dragon »

The advantage of living in Europe and having an official importer of the brand from Italy. Can this count as freshly roasted? :D

Espresso Vision: the perfect cup of coffee starts with understanding your roast
Sponsored by Espresso Vision
vze26m98
Supporter ♡

#23: Post by vze26m98 »

Interesting that the life span of the coffee is two years. I've seen that before, but many coffees observe a 1.5 year life span.

Undoubtedly it's recently roasted, but rest times for Italian coffees are longer than 3rd wave notions. I'd guess it was roasted 15-30 days ago.

If you're ordering direct from a roaster, you'll usually get their most recent. It's when you buy from a market, online shop or duty free at the airport that you tend to get older coffee.

Espressoman007

#24: Post by Espressoman007 »

Dragon wrote:image

The advantage of living in Europe and having an official importer of the brand from Italy. Can this count as freshly roasted? :D
Hi!
That one is not from Espresso International? Didn't see it in their shop. Where else you buy from? How would you describe this one?
Cheers!

slipchuck

#25: Post by slipchuck »

When you need something in a pinch this coffee is very good has robusta and Arabica
“There is nobody you can’t learn to like once you’ve heard their story.”

MSS

#26: Post by MSS »

Does the robosta and caffeine in these coffees affect you guys? The last time I drank Malabar Gold I was up for three days in a nervous sweat!! I have been afraid to try any robusta since then.

Balthazar_B

#27: Post by Balthazar_B » replying to MSS »

Nope, but I tend to drink singles instead of doubles.
- John

LMWDP # 577

Urnex: 100% dedicated focus on coffee and tea cleaning
Sponsored by Urnex
lancealot

#28: Post by lancealot »

I thought that MG had too much caffeine for my liking.

vze26m98
Supporter ♡

#29: Post by vze26m98 »

slipchuck wrote:When you need something in a pinch this coffee is very good has robusta and Arabica
I haven't confirmed it with a roaster in Italy, but my impression is that "Rossa" blends are are 50-50%. "Oro" blends are 70-30%, or perhaps 80-20%.

KCcoffeegeek (original poster)

#30: Post by KCcoffeegeek (original poster) »

Update: I checked my bag from Si, Espresso, distributor of MokaSirs in the USA, and it has a batch number and "expiration date" also. I believe these are not from the distributor, as another poster pointed out, but from MokaSirs, and mine is 06/22. I think we'd all agree that an "expiration date" on coffee is not helpful information as it does not tell us when it was roasted and we've all seen bags of coffee like this where the expiration date is over a year out.