If you had to recommend just one espresso blend?

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Fr. John

#1: Post by Fr. John »

90% of the time I'm pulling shots for milk drinks so I'm not very picky about my espresso (I use caracolillo exclusively as it is decent and cheap) .

That said, I'm shopping for a pound of straight espresso for shots only. Give me your recommendations. Normal priced choices only please. I'd like something that would be good with or without sugar. Maybe something lighter?
Fr. John

Matthew Brinski

#2: Post by Matthew Brinski »

Ecco Reserve

ECM Manufacture: @ecmespresso #weliveespresso
Sponsored by ECM Manufacture
bobdc

#3: Post by bobdc »

My favorite is

Espresso Toscano

but this one runs a close second,

Espresso La Forza

Both are from Counter Culture Coffee.
Bob

cannonfodder
Team HB

#4: Post by cannonfodder »

Redline from Metropolis or Espresso Classico from Paradise Roasters, or Daves homeroast blend #37 iteration 7
Dave Stephens

harris

#5: Post by harris » replying to cannonfodder »

Not sure about the Dave's but I would agree with the others. Both can be purchased green which helps with the shipping.

h

cafeIKE

#6: Post by cafeIKE »

Supreme Bean Caffe del Norte

cannonfodder
Team HB

#7: Post by cannonfodder »

Almost forgot Coffe Klatch's USBC blend and the WBC blend but I actually liked the US version better.

My error, Daves blend was number 38 not 37
Dave Stephens

Urnex: 100% dedicated focus on coffee and tea cleaning
Sponsored by Urnex
scook94

#8: Post by scook94 »

cannonfodder wrote:Almost forgot Coffee Klatch's USBC blend and the WBC blend but I actually liked the US version better.

My error, Daves blend was number 38 not 37

? Didn't Jim win the WBC with single origin espresso? Or have I misread what you intended?

http://baristamagazine.com/Issues/Volum ... athof.html

cannonfodder
Team HB

#9: Post by cannonfodder »

I thought his single origin was a blend of two or three farms from a single country, but I may be mistaken. The Coffee Klatch WBC and USBC blend, Heather Perry represented them and took first at the US and I believe third at the world comp. Their WBC blend was also voted best espresso in the world in the coffee judging.
Dave Stephens

HB
Admin

#10: Post by HB »

cannonfodder wrote:Their WBC blend was also voted best espresso in the world in the coffee judging.
Hmm-m, it's nitpicking, but I thought their blend was voted Best Espresso at the SCAA World Barista Competition. Although I agree it's a must-try blend, I'm not aware of a "best espresso in the world" designation from the SCAA competitions.
Dan Kehn