The hunt for best Italian roasted coffee beans - Page 22

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
slybarman

#211: Post by slybarman »

If I had to describe the Cartapani in just three words - "Happy A.F." :lol:

Me2

#212: Post by Me2 »

Snagged a bag of Passalaqua Harem after going through a few bags of Cartapani Cinquestelle. How did y'all pull Harem? Thx

ECM Manufacture: @ecmespresso #weliveespresso
Sponsored by ECM Manufacture
airmoses83

#213: Post by airmoses83 »

If you haven't tried, I have been drinking this or some time now and really enjoying it.

https://www.cerinicoffee.com/collection ... -2-2lb-bag

slybarman

#214: Post by slybarman » replying to airmoses83 »

How is shipping? Is there a roast date on the bags? How old is it when it gets to you?

airmoses83

#215: Post by airmoses83 » replying to slybarman »

I have a shop closer to me that carries them. But sometimes I drive up to Cerini great lil Italian shop and they service my machine. Next time I get a bag I'll let you know the date, I'm on my last bit of this bag so I will be going soon.

vze26m98
Supporter ♡

#216: Post by vze26m98 »

airmoses83 wrote:If you haven't tried, I have been drinking this or some time now and really enjoying it.

https://www.cerinicoffee.com/collection ... -2-2lb-bag
The Vicere coffees are excellent! I enjoyed the red label from Cerini some time ago, and while in Rome at their caffe on Portuense, their "Oro" blend which I believe is 70-30. I look forward to the Moka Bar, but will have to drink up my other Italian acquisitions first.

Enjoy!

Espressoman007

#217: Post by Espressoman007 »

Hi,
and Happy New Year to everybody!

I've been reading this thread and I have found it interesting since I am a fan of Italian blends. I have to admit that I didn't try a lot of them, but enough to know I like them. I haven't read the thread from the beginning, which I'm planning to do, but I came across some recommendations which led me to order Passalacqua Cremador. I was checking their chart and what I saw looked worthy trying, strong with higher body. And the date of production was also great, December.
But I have to admit that it's not what I wanted. It's extremely oily, with a bit more burnt flavour than I expected. It is dark, but not too dark (which is not a bad thing), since it's not too dark, I wonder why is it so oily then?
But, it doesn't have that silky, creamy feeling that I am looking for and a bit more body wouldn't hurt as well.
A few pages back, one member mentioned how delighted he was with Passalacqua Crema blend which wasn't oily or dark?! Am I missing something or is there Passalacqua Crema as well, or is that actually Cremador and not Crema? Because I haven't noticed that they have Crema on their site, only Cremador and Cremador E.
Since there are so many good reviews for Passalacqua coffee I'll give it another chance and order it again, but I would appreciate some help on choosing the right blend which is creamy, has good body, but it's not oily, dark enough, but not oily.
Any recommendations?

If anyone is interested, here's a link for a page where I'm ordering from: https://www.espresso-international.com/

Cheers!

Weber Workshops: tools for building better coffee
Sponsored by Weber Workshops
izhakkatz

#218: Post by izhakkatz »

Not a bland but Italian. This is one of the nicest coffee I've had.
This is the first time I am getting such intense floral smells of jasmine, pedal rose and earl gray

vze26m98
Supporter ♡

#219: Post by vze26m98 »

izhakkatz wrote:This is one of the nicest coffee I've had. This is the first time I am getting such intense floral smells of jasmine, pedal rose and earl gray.
You might be interested in Illy's Etiopia monoarabica if you found this blend tasty.

Mbrookman

#220: Post by Mbrookman »

I recently tried an Organic Neapolitan espresso from Mr. Espresso in San Francisco. According to their website they use wood to heat their roasting machines to create the most authentic Italian style roast. It was very good, not acid, toasted marshmellow-y deliciousness when I got the shot right - what my favorite was 19g at 200 for 45 seconds at with an output of 38g.