How was your morning coffee today? - Page 15

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Ted

#141: Post by Ted »

Very nice thankyou! Made a flat white with a coffee by Swiss company Blaser called Lilla e Rose. Lovely velvety smoothness & very drinkable.
In my quest to find cheaper alternatives to artisan roasters I've been trying many different 1kg bags of Italian roasted beans. I've taken a few suggestions from HB members along the way, in particular Whale, who's description of Miscela d'Oro Argento made me seek out a bag immediately. I can see why he enjoys it so much, it's totally different from what I've had before or since, for me it's one to savour now & again, probably not regularly. With something like 420 roasters in Italy, I'm never going to try them all, but of the few I've tried, they've all been of good quality & seemed nicely fresh. The further south the roaster the darker the roast, so I've had coffee from Rome ( Circi Gold, intensely flavourful ), Bolognia ( La Brasiliana Marfisa, smooth with a kick ), & Torino ( Lavazza Pienorama, light & soft ).
So far it's the Lilla e Rose that suits my taste, but the La Brasiliana might just make the better everyday drink. Cheers!

Ted.

AidanC

#142: Post by AidanC »

Average morning coffee, I really like the dude I buy coffee from though. I think the dose for the blend he uses is too low. I'm thinking of asking him to up his dose. Just have to frame it in such a way not to make him offended.

AidanC

#143: Post by AidanC »

Morning coffee today was an interesting experience. I have got my machine back from servicing and its working great, I now have very consistent pressure again.
I'm drinking a single origin from Rawanda. Its near the end of its peak it seems and its great as an espresso but doesn't really cut the mustard with milk.
The flavor is kind of funky but in a good way, it has a very buttery flavor to it.

CoffeeOwl

#144: Post by CoffeeOwl »

A present from roasterie: Papua New Guinea Sigri, roatsed Full City two days ago. Sweet behind a light creamy taste, orange and citrus, mouthfeel creamy and intriguing citrus note in aftertaste. Overall balanced.
It was just first cup of it and I guessed grind which gave over 2oz volume; it's going to be finer next time and I'm really looking forward to drinking the next cup!
'a a ha sha sa ma!

LMWDP #199

Chert

#145: Post by Chert »

My morning coffee has been nice each morning this week. SM moka kadir FC+ for the espresso shot, then a half cup of Sumatra mandheling at FC (some would say tainted) with 15% SM robusta. a very flavorful start to my busy day.
LMWDP #198

hperry

#146: Post by hperry »

Great cap made with Vivace Vita on the Bacchi using 18.5 grams of coffee. Very smooth and rich.
Hal Perry

yakster
Supporter ♡

#147: Post by yakster »

A nice four day rested city roast of Idido Misty Valley this morning brewed in the Clever Coffee Dripper. Tried this on Monday, but it clearly wasn't rested enough, now it's really nice. I've been playing with an 8 cup Chemex for the past couple of days and wish I'd brewed up 600 ml in the Chemex this morning (or more) instead of just 400 ml in the dripper and now the Chemex makes me want a better pouring kettle.

I've been pulling Sweet Maria's Liquid Amber roasted to between Vienna and French and not really caring as much for this roast level as the previous Full City roast, as well as a Brazil Vargem Grande roasted to FC+ that's been good but not outstanding. I'll have to roast up some SM Espresso Workshop #7 - La Tessitura next and see how I like it.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

JonR10

#148: Post by JonR10 »

This is a good week for coffee.....

This morning started with a drip brew of Los Inmortales, El Salvador: Finca Matalapa, Guayabo from Intelligentsia. This is an absolutely outstanding coffee that (to my tastes) rivals some of the *much* more expensive microlot offerings I've tried.

After getting ready for work I pulled a couple shots of Ethiopia Gr.3 Dry Process Yirga Cheffe roasted just to the verge of second crack (10 days ago). This has been the best batch for me yet of this bean, I purchased 5 pounds based on Tom's description and have not been disappointed. The lighter roasts are great in a presspot but this roast has been making outstanding espresso shots....heavily fruited with berries and lingering dark chocolate finish.

At work I'm making presspots of Colombia Don Telmo (also 10 days out of the roaster). I hadn't roasted this bean in a while and I had forgotten just how good it is....excellent balance in the cup and all kinds of complexity as it cools.

Today is an especially good coffee day!
Jon Rosenthal
Houston, Texas

edwa

#149: Post by edwa »

Like Jon it was a good morning at the Wa house. We started off with 49th Parallel's Epic and then tried to share with my wife what I learned from a cupping class at Jones Roastery in Pasadena. We cupped yesterdays roast of Brazil Cerrado DP Fazenda Aurea & Costa Rica Helsar "Villa Sarachi Solis". In a couple of days I'll mix 3 parts Brazil to 2 parts Costa Rica to 1 part Yemen Mokha Sarashi and see if makes as nice of a shot as the first batch I tried. Wish me luck.

CoffeeOwl

#150: Post by CoffeeOwl »

After two lever shots (on La Peppina, which I am only getting to know) again Vivaldi in action: I bumped dose a tad and set a bit finer grind; volume was still over 2 oz for a normal stop, but god this coffee shines! The sweet taste stepped more behind letting a wonderful, cool cream taste forward, smooth, round, nondivers; and then through this developed orange warmth and juicy top, giving the cup total balance and completeness, and that also last for afterstaste, turning a bit caramel as it faded. Well I'm just speechless.
'a a ha sha sa ma!

LMWDP #199