Honesty in coffee pricing - Page 2

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Nick Name

Postby Nick Name » Nov 25, 2018, 10:03 pm

Yeah, we still lack a load of information to decide whether one roaster is supposedly dishonest from another.

gr2020

Postby gr2020 » Nov 25, 2018, 10:11 pm

I don't understand this thread at all.

Pricing a bag of coffee higher than a competitor is neither dishonest nor unethical. It's very simple - if you think it's too expensive, don't buy it.

Maybe their costs are higher, for whatever reason. Maybe they want higher margins, for whatever reason. Regardless, it's their choice how to price it. And it's up to you to decide whether to buy it. Honesty and ethics are not involved on either side of this.
★ Helpful

Bret

Postby Bret » replying to gr2020 » Nov 25, 2018, 10:18 pm

This^^^

day

Postby day » Nov 25, 2018, 10:38 pm

In order to become unethical they would need to have done something like lace it with drugs, sell it cheap, then jacked up the price.

This is the problem with using the free market to dictate healthcare terms by the way, but nothing wrong with a roaster trying to make a few bucks.
Yes, i you per this on an iPhone

HB
Admin

Postby HB » Nov 25, 2018, 10:53 pm

I think everyone has made their point and now we're trending towards dogmatic/repetitive replies (see the site's Guidelines for productive online discussion, specifically "Encourage positive, shared discourse"). Let's move along. Thanks.
Dan Kehn

sfJonatas

Postby sfJonatas » Dec 01, 2018, 11:13 am

Just buy from the cheaper seller