Help dialing in Klatch WBE - Page 2

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Leelo77

#11: Post by Leelo77 »

I've had pretty much the same experience. Absolutely loved their golden being espresso. A bit lighter, fruity, rich and smooth. I have consistently pulled less than mediocre shots.
I individually vacuum sealed 6 to 8 ounce bags seven or eight days post roast. I put them in the freezer and then take them out the night before.
I individually vacuum sealed 6 to 8 ounce bags seven or eight days post roast. I put them in the freezer and then take them out the night before. Which has always seemed to work well.
Suggestions are most welcome.

Sorry for the upside down picture, I guess I'm not sure how to correctly upload them.

baristainzmking (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by baristainzmking (original poster) replying to Leelo77 »

Maybe it's just the lighting, but your beans look even darker than mine!
Julia

Advertisement
HotLava

#13: Post by HotLava »

For me I had a good shot of the WBE at day 6 off roast at 201 degrees, 18/35 in 28 seconds with 6 second pre infusion.

Also 18/32 in 26 seconds 201 degrees at day 10 with 7 seconds pre infusion.

Those were my best. I didn't want to burn up 20 gram doses so I stuck with 18-18.5. I found with the 6 day shot I got all that Meyer Lemon followed by blueberry finish described in the Klatch videos. It's a fruit forward coffee. I like fruity to dark so I did enjoy it.

The second was not as balanced bit still good. I ran out soon after and didn't get it again. But would get some more in the future.
Joe

Iowa_Boy

#14: Post by Iowa_Boy »

Halfway through a bag of Klatch WBE.
Feel like I am getting pretty good shots pulling as a Lungo.
Settings are 201 degrees, 3 seconds preinfusion, 18 grams in, 54 grams out, 40 second time.
Flavors I am getting are chocolatey up front, a bit of caramel, moderate sweetness, and a mild citrus finish.
I agree the Belle (which I was drinking previously) is a bit more traditional flavor profile, but this is a nice change of pace.