Good decaf espresso? - Page 3

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
trent526

Postby trent526 » Jun 05, 2018, 5:45 pm

Does anyone find that grind setting must be different for decaf blends, finer or coarser, or is that an irrelevant variable?

FotonDrv

Postby FotonDrv » Jun 10, 2018, 11:04 am

I do find that decaf needs a different grind setting, but it could be that the decafs that I have used are roasted to a different level than my espresso shots.

BTW, thanks Dan for the Noble decaf recommendation.
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

Tonefish

Postby Tonefish » Jun 10, 2018, 3:34 pm

avid wrote:Then again, you have never had any of Sweet Maria's killer decafs. Last year that had an Ethiopian called Techo Kecho that I served to several coffee aficionados it was so amazing they refused to believe that it was only coffee.

+1
Yes, the Techo-Kecho was awesome. Just finished mine a couple months ago. It produced better espresso than most non-Decaf espressos I've bought from shops during travels this year.
LMWDP #581 .......... May your roasts, grinds, and pulls be the best!

AkshayRao27

Postby AkshayRao27 » Jun 12, 2018, 6:53 am

Any options in/around Austria that you guys know of? I checked some of the USA stores and shipping is almost $35+ for a pack of beans that costs $15.

rockethead26

Postby rockethead26 » Jun 14, 2018, 6:48 pm

[creative nickname] wrote:I've been pretty pleased with Cafe Lusso's decaf offering. It is chocolatey and mild, and the processing seems to be clean enough that I would probably think it was a middle of the road (non-decaf) Brazil if I didn't know what I was tasting.

My wife is on her second kilo of the Lusso decaf and she really loves it. Her decaf friends do, too. All drink the Lusso as lattes.