George Howell's Al Jabal Lot 15

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
DavidMLewis

#1: Post by DavidMLewis »

I ordered some of this when it was offered a few weeks ago for a few reasons. George Howell roasts so few natural coffees that when he does you know they'll be clean and spectacular. I have always loved Yemens. And I figured that if someone was trying to get coffee out of there the least I could do was support them. It's one of the most remarkable coffees I've had in years. It's winey, has tons of fruit, and has perfect structure. It's sold out now, but if you happen to see some don't hesitate, even at the price.

Best,
David

sosha
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by sosha »

I'm interested in how you prepped it. I tried it in the Trifecta, then pourer, and FP. My results weren't anywhere near exceptional.

What would you suggest?
LMWDP #440
www.kelpfish.com

DavidMLewis (original poster)

#3: Post by DavidMLewis (original poster) »

I used 18g in an Aeropress with a Fellow Prismo bottom and paper filter over the Fellow one. 260 g of water at 208 degrees F, with 10 s of agitation initially, 10 s at 50 s, then 5 s and press at 1:45. It's Heart Coffee's recipe, and I use it with coffees where I want to bring the fruit out. Grind, as always with the Aeropress, is fairly fine: just a bit coarser than espresso would require.

Best,
David

sosha
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by sosha replying to DavidMLewis »

Thanx! I'll try that with the 4 oz I have in the freezer......
LMWDP #440
www.kelpfish.com