For those that love fruit bomb natural Ethiopian... - Page 8

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
sambuist

#71: Post by sambuist » Nov 10, 2019, 1:31 pm

https://royalcoffee.com/product/cj1307/

Now this is an amazing fruit bomb.

JokerJacket

#72: Post by JokerJacket » Dec 08, 2019, 8:50 pm

spressomon wrote:FYI/FWIW, Keith (he and his wife Jen are the owners & roasters of Northbound) relayed the upcoming December 4th release of their Headstash Ethiopia Bedhatu Jibicho is, in his terms, a "fruit bomb". He told me they have added more natural processed varietals within their upcoming Headstash, limited get them while you can, allotments.

https://northboundcoffee.com/store/#!/H ... y=15435015

Got my 5# ordered :D
Just got my 5# bag yesterday. Will let it rest a couple of days and try pulling shots. Be interested to see what others brew parameters are.

spressomon

#73: Post by spressomon » Dec 08, 2019, 11:08 pm

^ I received mine a couple days ago. Its delicious but not the "fruit bomb" they had earlier this year (and the original topic of this thread); curious just like you to taste how it progresses over the next week+. I just finished their natural Costa Rica apart of their Headstash and it was stellar.
No Espresso = Depresso

JokerJacket

#74: Post by JokerJacket » Dec 11, 2019, 2:08 pm

Took me a couple days to get this tasting decent. Looks like this needs decent amount of head space to expand. Was using 18g in 14g baskets and the taste was just ok. Now I am grinding finer in 17g basket baskets and the flavors are really starting to shine.

Parameters:

MonoSSP : 2.5
6 Bar, 200F
18g in 35 out @ 38 seconds

spressomon

#75: Post by spressomon » Dec 11, 2019, 3:11 pm

At only 6-days post roast I'm getting nice chocolate, some light baking spice I can't quite put my tongue on along some faint stone fruit flavor (peach/nectarine??).

I'm dosing 18g in a 20g VST (to allow for full puck bloom given how I'm pulling), MF @ 2.9/3.0, 200F, Slayer pull method: Pre-brew until 6-grams in the cup then full brew pressure to 22g in cup then back to pre-brew to 30-31g in cup. This has yielded the best tasting cup for me. But, IMHO, these beans need 10+ days post roast rest.
No Espresso = Depresso