Flash Sale from Dragonfly Coffee Roasters - Page 3

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#21: Post by JohnB. »

BaristaBob wrote:Also been pulling a few shots of their Yirgacheffe Konga Natural, roasted med-light.

18g in VST basket
34g out
32 sec.
200F

Not sure these are optimum parameters yet, but picking up fruity and citrus notes with low acidity. Very good but for this type of coffee would one recommend a higher temperature?
You could certainly try & see what it's like. It's always interesting to try a coffee at different temps in the 198*-203* range to see how the flavors change. Quite often you will find that different temps bring out different flavors. Sometimes this is good & sometimes they are flavors you don't really want to taste again. :lol:
LMWDP 267

BaristaBob (original poster)

#22: Post by BaristaBob (original poster) »

HB'ers,

Dragonfly Coffee Roasters is having another great flash sale...this time Sumatra Lintong Highlands semi-washed for $10/12oz.

I'm currently drinking two of their specials from the last sale...Crema Dulce espresso blend and Ethiopia Yirgacheffe natural. I couldn't pass up the Yirgacheffe at $10 a bag when it was on sale. Think it's back to $18. Still a good deal. For this one I'm getting a fruity blueberry, citrus, and just a little cocoa note. Very good. Here are my parameters:

18g in
34g out
200F
40 sec total time incl 15 sec preinfusion

Enjoy!!
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

Balthazar_B

#23: Post by Balthazar_B »

Bob, have you tried Dragonfly's Vesuvius blend yet?
- John

LMWDP # 577

#24: Post by BaristaBob (original poster) replying to Balthazar_B »

Hi John, No not yet...sounds intriguing. Though I try to include an espresso blend into my weekly mix, I gravitate more toward single origin. Their Crema Dulce blend was super good!

Blacktip

#25: Post by Blacktip »

Just placed an order for Sumatra Lintong, Espresso Vesuvius, and The Leam Hammer

Any suggestions on brewing parameters?

Balthazar_B

#26: Post by Balthazar_B »

John, there are some suggested parameters in the other recent Dragonfly thread in the Coffee forum.
- John

LMWDP # 577

Blacktip

#27: Post by Blacktip »

I placed my order for 3 different types of beans on the 11th, my order was shipped on the 11th, received them today and the order sheet states the roast date is the 11th. .... Is this normal? I mean do roasters roast 3 different beans and ship them on the same day? I am skiptical.

spressomon

#28: Post by spressomon replying to Blacktip »

No need to be skeptical with these two roasters: The orders I have placed & received from Dragonfly and Northbound are shipped on the same day they are roasted.
No Espresso = Depresso

#29: Post by BaristaBob (original poster) »

HB'ers
Just received an email from Dragonfly. Their espresso blend, Crema Dolce is on sale for $10/12oz. Love this stuff. Just passing it along.

BillBurrGrinder

#30: Post by BillBurrGrinder replying to BaristaBob »

Awesome thanks for the heads up! I haven't tried Dragonfly yet but you mentioned them in the past so they must be good.