Favorite Holiday Coffee Blends - Page 2

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
baristainzmking (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by baristainzmking (original poster) »

nameisjoey wrote:The cinnamon component in the blend is purely from that beans green processing method at origin. Nothing is done after roasting so you shouldn't notice anything left behind in your grinder, certainly not any more than you would from any other coffee.

It's roasted to a solid medium level, so not oily at all other than a few small spots here and there maybe.
How does it stand up to milk?
Julia

dreadnatty08

#12: Post by dreadnatty08 replying to baristainzmking »

I recall making some milk drinks with this blend last year and they turned out fantastic. I just picked up a bag of Natural from B&W and hoping that this still have some of the Holiday blend in a few weeks. It truly is a special coffee. Perhaps the best blend from them I've had ever.

Advertisement
nameisjoey

#13: Post by nameisjoey »

baristainzmking wrote:How does it stand up to milk?
I haven't tried it but I'm confident it would taste really good in a capp or latte. It's not super fruity or anything. Would probably taste real nice with that cinnamon note in the milk.

Supporter ♡

#14: Post by baristainzmking (original poster) »

Thanks guys, off to order. :)
Julia

Ivyb82

#15: Post by Ivyb82 »

I'm actually finishing up a bag of the holiday blend from B&W. I highly recommend it. It has subtle cinnamon notes, but nothing overpowering. It's nicely balanced.

eldookae

#16: Post by eldookae »

I just received 2lbs of the B@W holiday blend that I ordered after reading this thread. Just had my first drink with it (made a latte) and it is excellent, I am amazed at the cinnamon flavors, almost tastes like it was added after brewing or something. I can't wait to make a pour over cup of coffee with it. Highly recommended.

Anyone have any other recommendations from them to try?

chanty 77

#17: Post by chanty 77 replying to eldookae »

I hope they have it for a while. I haven't ordered from them in a number of months, and I have a freezer with 2 bags of Olympia beans & one ready to open in the cabinet Wednesday, so I really can't order it for at least 3 weeks.

Advertisement
Ivyb82

#18: Post by Ivyb82 »

Ivan Solis - Candy Natural. I just reordered a 2nd bag of it. It has a nice tartness to it with citrus notes. It's my favorite release that I've had from B&W.

JamesB517

#19: Post by JamesB517 »

I just received the Blue Bottle Winter Espresso blend... Have not tried it yet, I hope its good!
Life is like a shot of espresso. You never know what you're gonna get.

Supporter ♡

#20: Post by baristainzmking (original poster) »

JamesB517 wrote:I just received the Blue Bottle Winter Espresso blend... Have not tried it yet, I hope it's good!
please let us know how you like it!
Julia