favorite espresso blend? - Page 4

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
jffhn

#31: Post by jffhn »

My favorite blends include Sweet Maria's Moka Kadir, SM Monkey Blend, Coffee Emergency Tribal Medicine, CE CBX. These two roasters produce a very high quality and consistent product. I also like Paradise Roasters blends on occasion, but they become monolithic to my palate when served up regularly. My journey started with Black Cat but the quality control doesn't match up to the others mentioned (KidO seems to be in better shape).

Spresso_Bean

#32: Post by Spresso_Bean »

Pro roasts I've tried so far:

Intelligentsia Black Cat
Intelligentsia Kid-O
Machristay Black Pearl
SM Moka Kadir

Out of these, my favorite is probably Kid-O and it has a nice smooth taste to it but not overpowering. They're all really great coffees but Kid-O stood out to me as a straight espresso. I didn't care for it as much in milk drinks, though.

Chert

#33: Post by Chert »

This is a nice thread to which I will refer before I next mail order coffee; something like once a year.

When I can get Kalani Organic Espresso fresh at Whole Foods in Seattle I find it quite nice. Another one I tried not so long ago was Millars' Lucia, which they bill as wood fire roasted. I try to stay away from mail ordering coffee, but fortunately the road takes me near some fine roasters. For my taste Stumptown and Victrola Roasters aren't the hit, but Blue Gardenia Coffeehouse and Bakery in Portland makes a nice Espresso Loma I think they call it. I wish Hines Market Cafe was still up and roasting in Seattle. For a dark roast espresso, Garuda Blend from Peet's.

Flint
LMWDP #198