Ethiopia Gesha Village - Intelligentsia

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
CyrusDrMatt

#1: Post by CyrusDrMatt »

I was wondering if anyone has recently tried Intelligentsia Ethiopia Gesha Village (currently offering both washed and natural, 30$/200g)?
Has anyone tried it for brew? any suggestion for grind/brew setup will be much appreciated since it is pretty expensive, not much room for experimentation.

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

Gesha Village coffees have almost universally exceeded expectations and punch very high above their grade when you compare them to many Panamanian Geisha coffees that have similar flavor profiles at 10 times the price.

Sweet Bloom and Intelly come to mind right away as far as hits in the past. I think it's better value buying these than lower priced geishas from many countries.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

johnny4lsu

#3: Post by johnny4lsu »

Sweet Bloom
Agreed Tom. Also, Passenger has some really great options from Gesha Village. Sweet Bloom has in the past, but not currently.

discsinthesky

#4: Post by discsinthesky »

Sweet Bloom currently has a Gesha Village coffee that I found to be quite excellent! Coincidentally, I found it to be much better than the Gesha I had from an Intelligentsia cafe in December, but those are my only two experiences with Geshas so perhaps should be taken with a grain of salt. That said, I found it to be easy to dial in for pour over and it was consistently excellent across the week+ that I brewed it at home.