Espresso Vivace

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
sluflyer06

#1: Post by sluflyer06 » Nov 05, 2019, 3:22 pm

Is there any way to try this coffee without the criminal shipping fees? I've been desperately wanting to try it but I can't get onboard with (and I'm sure I'd love to buy it regularly) the $14.25 shipping which is insane compared to any roaster I've used in many years of buying online for my espresso habit.

mgwolf

#2: Post by mgwolf » Nov 05, 2019, 3:44 pm

It's still the same shipping if you buy 5 bags. A lot of coin though. But it's very nice coffee. Maybe you have a friend somewhere who would like the other 4 bags if you order 5?

Almico
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by Almico » Nov 05, 2019, 3:51 pm

sluflyer06 wrote:Is there any way to try this coffee without the criminal shipping fees? I've been desperately wanting to try it but I can't get onboard with (and I'm sure I'd love to buy it regularly) the $14.25 shipping which is insane compared to any roaster I've used in many years of buying online for my espresso habit.
Not sure where you get $14.25 shipping. It would cost $7.90 to get a 12oz bag to NJ

sluflyer06

#4: Post by sluflyer06 » replying to Almico » Nov 05, 2019, 3:57 pm

yakster
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by yakster » Nov 05, 2019, 4:25 pm

That's the price difference USPS charges for their small flat rate Priority Mail box versus the medium flat rate Priority Mail box.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

jevenator

#6: Post by jevenator » Nov 05, 2019, 6:02 pm

This is just my personal experience as someone who usually prefers lighter roasts with fruit notes I was very disappointed with their offerings. I got their Espresso Dolce and tried a variety of ways to make something I enjoy. Their Ethiopian Yirgacheffe was well into a medium roast that offered a very bitter, unpleasant roast flavor that completely destroyed what an Ethiopian is supposed to offer.

No man knows how bad he is till he has tried very hard to be good.
― C.S. Lewis

def
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by def » Nov 05, 2019, 8:01 pm

I wish Espresso Vivace would send their coffee in a USPS Priority Flat Rate Padded Envelope. It costs about $8.00 and they can easily send up to 24 ounces, maybe even 32 ounces. I might send them an email because their coffee is one of my all-time favorites, and they may sell more coffee if they cut their shipping price. Win-win.

Vidio

#8: Post by Vidio » Nov 05, 2019, 8:37 pm

jevenator wrote:This is just my personal experience as someone who usually prefers lighter roasts with fruit notes I was very disappointed with their offerings. I got their Espresso Dolce and tried a variety of ways to make something I enjoy. Their Ethiopian Yirgacheffe was well into a medium roast that offered a very bitter, unpleasant roast flavor that completely destroyed what an Ethiopian is supposed to offer.

I,on the other hand, had exactly the opposite experience. After many years of experimenting with lighter roasts I have become completely hooked on Dolce. The dark sweet tones call to me daily and I now find the light, bright fruity stuff less interesting.

5280grindz

#9: Post by 5280grindz » Nov 06, 2019, 11:47 pm

I was going to grab some vita, but like others $12+ shipping is ridiculous for 2 bags when other roasters manage $5 flat rate priority mail. My guess they're using s&h as a profit center.

sluflyer06

#10: Post by sluflyer06 » Nov 07, 2019, 11:54 am

def wrote:I wish Espresso Vivace would send their coffee in a USPS Priority Flat Rate Padded Envelope. It costs about $8.00 and they can easily send up to 24 ounces, maybe even 32 ounces. I might send them an email because their coffee is one of my all-time favorites, and they may sell more coffee if they cut their shipping price. Win-win.
That's what many roasters I order from use to send kilo and 2lb bags with no problem.