Espresso blends from Denver Roasters

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Chuckster
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by Chuckster »

Hi from Denver,
I'm still early in my journey with home espresso. I have tried beans from two nearby roasters so far - Little Jem espresso from Pablo's and Moon Buggy blend from Jubilee. I like them both but I want to branch out and try some other local options.
One of my favorite cortados was from Huckleberry made with their Phantom Limb blend - OMG, a bowl of blueberries in warm milk! Would love to find something similar or wait until they get it back in stock.
Anyway, if you have any favorites that are newbie friendly, please let me know.
Thanks,

Chuck

Airbornewilly
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by Airbornewilly »

8th wonder from Ozo is tasty and pretty forgiving. Corvus has good espresso options too.

Jeff
Team HB

#3: Post by Jeff »

Chuckster wrote:Huckleberry made with their Phantom Limb blend
My kids were in Denver for a stint and Phantom Limb became a standby mail-order subscription for me here in San Francsico. I haven't had it in several years, but I found it reliable and enjoyable back then!

milehi
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by milehi »

Good options listed so far. You could also head north to Boulder to check out Boxcar and Dragonfly. This article is from 2019: https://303magazine.com/2019/09/coffee- ... -denver-2/

Happy hunting!

Jeff
Team HB

#5: Post by Jeff »

NB: Dragonfly apparently moved their roasting operations to Las Vegas (Henderson).

Philg
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by Philg »

I used to enjoy Novo (I ordered by mail, they're in Denver) delicious and interesting, I haven't had for a long time.

Jared

#7: Post by Jared »

I really enjoyed a Boxcar cappuccino when I visited in the cafe in December.

michaelm1982

#8: Post by michaelm1982 »

I really love what Jubilee Coffee Roasters are doing and would always endorse supporting them when you can.

Other faves in Denver are Little Owl, Corvus and Queen City Collective.

I'd recommend a trip to Crema Coffee Shop in RiNo - they carry all the local roasters and the bags are always fresh - so you can pick n' mix.

Nonprophet

#9: Post by Nonprophet »

Chuckster wrote: One of my favorite cortados was from Huckleberry made with their Phantom Limb blend - OMG, a bowl of blueberries in warm milk! Would love to find something similar or wait until they get it back in stock.
Chuck
That sounds amazing--I'll have to give it a try!
"Chop your own wood--it will warm you twice."

LMWDP #522