Espresso Bean Recommendation - Page 3

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
rg60614

#21: Post by rg60614 »

For those of you who like 17 ft ceiling, what are some other roasts that you also like? Trying to find additional similar beans to try for espresso.

emradguy
Supporter ❤

#22: Post by emradguy »

danbo wrote:I just want to say thanks again for all the tips. I ended up picking up some Redbird and some Chromatic Gamut, which seems to be producing better shots for my taste already.

I will definitely be referring back to this thread for new roasts to try over the next few months!
Chromatic Gamut is one of my "goto" staple blends. I tend to rotate between it, Nossa Familia Full Cycle and Kuma Balanced...and then throw something into the rotation on occasion. In addition, I buy single origins from each of these roasters and a bunch of others, I stopped using Red Bird when the Roastery was sold about...what...4-5 years ago? Last time I tried it I wasn't as impressed as when the original owner had it.

Decent Espresso: espresso equipment for serious baristas
Sponsored by Decent Espresso
danbo (original poster)

#23: Post by danbo (original poster) »

emradguy wrote:I stopped using Red Bird when the Roastery was sold about...what...4-5 years ago? Last time I tried it I wasn't as impressed as when the original owner had it.
Yeah, I'm not super impressed so far since it's been 2 weeks since I ordered my beans from them and they have still yet to arrive. I think it's UPS's fault, for losing the shipment but I would have expected that Red Bird might try to make things right or file a claim with UPS instead of just telling me to wait another week. I'll be getting beans 2-3 weeks off roast at this point.

I'm really glad to have discovered Gamut though. That may well become a staple in my kitchen as well :)

chipman

#24: Post by chipman »

You used UPS as the shipper? Why didn't you use the free USPS default shipper. I have been ordering from Redbird for years now and have never failed to receive my order in three days max from the moment it was shipped using the free USPS free shipping.. UPS has tracking. Have you done that?

As for filing a claim? I believe that is up to you, not the shipper.