Ecco Caffe Experimental Espresso - Page 3

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
AUSTINrob

#21: Post by AUSTINrob »

CGP4 wrote:Not only is the coffee phenomenal, I love the new bags! (Brown, looks like paper, but lined inside with vent and resealable. Old bags were just lined paper that you'd roll over -- no sort of seal.)
Well after reading all the positive feedback on the Ecco Reserve northen italian espresso, I ordered 2 bags over the weekend and just got them yesterday - and I am psyched to try it tomorrow morning!

With that said, I am a bit concerned for two reasons, for one there is no specific roast date on these bags, only "Feb08" (which is relatively broad), and secondly i didn't recieve my beans in one of these new fancy bags with the vent that you folks have been discussing.

These bags are not air tight, consequently when i opend them both to transfer them to glass sealed jars, i didn't get that strong blast of flavor i get from every other roasters sealed bags. I apoligize for posting my opionion without even tasting the espresso yet, but from the description of the new bags and the vauge date, i'm wondering if i got sent an "old" batch?

The_Mighty_Bean

#22: Post by The_Mighty_Bean »

AUSTINrob wrote: With that said, I am a bit concerned for two reasons, for one there is no specific roast date on these bags, only "Feb08" (which is relatively broad), and secondly i didn't recieve my beans in one of these new fancy bags with the vent that you folks have been discussing.

These bags are not air tight, consequently when i opend them both to transfer them to glass sealed jars, i didn't get that strong blast of flavor i get from every other roasters sealed bags. I apoligize for posting my opionion without even tasting the espresso yet, but from the description of the new bags and the vauge date, i'm wondering if i got sent an "old" batch?

Hi Rob, it is the "Experimental" blend that came in the lined bag. Their Reserve blend, at least in the past, came in a bag like you describe, with no roast date. Don't worry, you won't go wrong ordering beans from this company. They're fresh. I believe they roast weekly to fill the orders.

~tMB

AUSTINrob

#23: Post by AUSTINrob »

The_Mighty_Bean wrote:Hi Rob, it is the "Experimental" blend that came in the lined bag. Their Reserve blend, at least in the past, came in a bag like you describe, with no roast date. Don't worry, you won't go wrong ordering beans from this company. They're fresh. I believe they roast weekly to fill the orders.

~tMB
Ahh, I understand - Thanks!

roblumba

#24: Post by roblumba »

Are you sure it said Feb 8th and not Feb 18th? Their writing is a little scribbly when I get it and sometimes I have to look extra hard to figure out what it actually says. I would imagine that if you ordered it on the weekend, they roasted on Monday Feb18th. Sent it on Tuesday and it took a couple days to get to you. My experience is that they always roast on Mondays and sometimes even on holidays too.

EccoScott

#25: Post by EccoScott »

Hi Rob,

Sorry for the confusion about your order with the date and the bag. We send out the Experimental Espresso in special one way valve bags, our other coffees are sent out in the regular kraft bags. We also always send out our coffee within 24 hours of roasting it. I'm assuming that your roast date was meant to say Feb. 18. We NEVER send out old beans. Please let me know how you enjoy your coffee, and if you ever have any questions feel free to write me!

Cheers
Scott Callender
Ecco Caffé

AUSTINrob

#26: Post by AUSTINrob replying to EccoScott »

Hey Scott, thanks for taking the time to reach out, and thank you to everyone for reaching out!

I have super high hopes for tommorrow morning (when I will get to try the ecco reserve), I just wanted to make sure that my 1st impressions was to be with fresh beans. I'm glad to know it says Feb 18, thanks!

-Rob

Marshall

#27: Post by Marshall »

EccoScott wrote:Hi Rob,

Sorry for the confusion about your order with the date and the bag. We send out the Experimental Espresso in special one way valve bags, our other coffees are sent out in the regular kraft bags. We also always send out our coffee within 24 hours of roasting it. I'm assuming that your roast date was meant to say Feb. 18. We NEVER send out old beans. Please let me know how you enjoy your coffee, and if you ever have any questions feel free to write me!

Cheers
Scott,

Is it safe to assume the Experimental Club coffees will go out around the 1st of each month? I have put a reminder on my Outlook not to buy coffee around that date.
Marshall
Los Angeles

EccoScott

#28: Post by EccoScott »

Hi Marshall,

The plan is to send out Experimental Espresso the first Monday of alternating months. So it will be consistently around that first week of the month. Have a great weekend all!
Scott Callender
Ecco Caffé

roblumba

#29: Post by roblumba »

Marshall wrote:I have put a reminder on my Outlook not to buy coffee around that date.
You mean not to buy coffee somewhere else around that date because you'll be getting the Ecco Experimental Club coffee in the mail?